Which Villa Community?

kitton

Earning My Ears
Hi...

We are looking at villa communities and wondered it anyone could give some advice on which community to go for? I know there are loads to choose from - we have stayed at Emerald Island once and loved the location to parks and 192 for restaurants. My understanding is that Windsor Hills is supposed to be very nice? We like the idea of staying at the more recently built communities - would Windsor Hills fall into that category? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.:goodvibes

We stayed at Rolling Hills last December and are going back there in October.

It's a genuine 10 minutes to Disney (Animal Kingdom), Formosa Gardens shopping and restuarants about 1 mile towards the 192, all the eateries and shopping on the 192, dead easy to get to and from just about anywhere and good prices on villas.

The one in December was a 4bed/3bath and was £450 per week. The one in October is 4bed/3bath and is £530 per week.This one suits us better as there are two master suites rather than 1 master and 1 double.

Indian Creek is opposite Rolling Hills down Formosa Gardens Bvld and is another nice area - about equidistant to everything and just as easy to get to and from.

We found Rolling Hills to be immaculate and quiet, and the villas looked to be very well maintained. If you would like the details of the villa we stayed in last December let me know - we haven't stayed in the one we have this year before but I'm happy to give the details too.

HTH :thumbsup2

There are a few within the Formosa Gardens area, and I would rate Windsor Hills as the nicest, and one of the newest.

Rolling Hills, Formosa Gardens, Emerald Island and Windsor Palms are also very nice and well located too, all these quite close to each other.
Same can be said for Indian Creek and Windsor Hills, again in the same area.
We have stayed at IC on around 4 occasions, but in all honesty WH is in a different league. However, we always yearn for a private pool not overlooked, and many of the homes we have looked at on WH ae not that private at the rear, IC a lot of the homes are fenced.

Overall ANY villa at the above communities is a sound choice.

Highgrove - its just on the junction where the 192 meets the 27 - My parents own a villa there (which they don't rent out, but plenty of others do).
Its just under 5 years old, and is beautiful, small and a lovely safe community about 15 mins to disney . :woohoo:
Jo x

Personally I'd think twice about US27 villas, shortcuts or no shortcuts it's definitely a much bigger drive to the parks.

We've stayed twice in the Davenport area and now decided we never will again as I was always so tired from all the driving. Popping home in the middle of the day was only really an option if you were full of energy, we invariably ended up staying in once we got back to the villa deciding to forget it for the day.

Highlands Reserve was very nice but could be 30-45 minutes on a stormy day to get to the parks and that's just too much.

Personally I'd think twice about US27 villas, shortcuts or no shortcuts it's definitely a much bigger drive to the parks.

We've stayed twice in the Davenport area and now decided we never will again as I was always so tired from all the driving. Popping home in the middle of the day was only really an option if you were full of energy, we invariably ended up staying in once we got back to the villa deciding to forget it for the day.

Highlands Reserve was very nice but could be 30-45 minutes on a stormy day to get to the parks and that's just too much.

Yes that makes sense to me - we definitely know that we want to stay in the Formosa Gardens area. Having a break from the parks is easy when you're so close. Thanks to everyone for replying.:yay:

Yep have to agree here, the villas on the 27 are way to far out, we have stayed on there 3 times, only because at the time we had booked(yrs ago) with TCD and got allocated villa on arrival..
now we stay nr the Poncianna boulevard area of the 192 :thumbsup

OP hope you find your dream villa! :goodvibes

I suppose it can be a bit of a drive, but usually only 20 mins, but I like the drive, it's all part of the holiday for me, I love seeing Florida and hearing the radio, it's all part of the experience! Plus for me, I think it's worth it for the quality you get on Highlands Reserve. I've stayed at closer villa's, and in my opinion, there just not up to standard. Last October I stayed at SSR, and I missed driving around Florida.
:confused3 But each to their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter