Which villa closest and fastest to Magic Kingdom?

rieko

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm visiting WDW in june and am not sure where to book. I'm bringing my 3 year old daughter and 6 mth old son. I want a villa so that I don't have to go to bed at 7 with my kids. I really want to be close to Magic Kingdom since that's where we'll be most of the time and I want to be able to go back to the resort quickly to put my son down. I'm thinking Bay Lake Towers is the best option but wasn't sure if there were other good options???????

I'm visiting WDW in june and am not sure where to book. I'm bringing my 3 year old daughter and 6 mth old son. I want a villa so that I don't have to go to bed at 7 with my kids. I really want to be close to Magic Kingdom since that's where we'll be most of the time and I want to be able to go back to the resort quickly to put my son down. I'm thinking Bay Lake Towers...

BLT.

1BR.

you're waiting kind of late if you are trying to get a points reservation, though. might still be lake view rooms available (they are the most common) but maybe not. i would firm up your plans soon and make some calls...

Agree with Bay Lake Towers. If you aren't able to get that, the Villas at Wilderness Lodge is only a boat ride away from MK.

thanks! I'm not booking on points...not even sure what those are...never been to disney. Do you know how long it takes to get from BLT to magic kingdom? Is the monorail faster or should I just walk?

thanks! I'm not booking on points...not even sure what those are...never been to disney. Do you know how long it takes to get from BLT to magic kingdom? Is the monorail faster or should I just walk?

It's a 10 minute walk from BLT to the MK. The monorail ride is longer than the walk.

Bay Lake Towers is the Disney Vacation Club property adjacent to the Contemporary. You can book a room there using Disney Vacation Club points if you are a member (kind of like a time share) or you can call Disney Reservations and book with cash like you would any other resort at Disney. The Contemporary is just a few steps farther from Magic Kingdom than Bay Lake but they only way to get a villa type room there is to book a suite. Bay Lake Towers is EXTREMELY convenient to the Magic Kingdom. I would recommend walking because in order to take the monorail you have to walk from Bay Lake to the Contemporary - then the monorail has to go around a handful of stops before you could exit at the Magic Kingdom. When I stayed at Bay Lake I couldn't believe how easy it was to walk back and forth to the Magic Kingdom. I would definitely book it asap though - especially if you are going to try to rent points from a Disney Vacation Club owner to secure the reservation - and that topic is covered in the DVC section on the boards. Good luck and enjoy!!

thanks! I'm not booking on points...not even sure what those are...never been to disney.

points are more complicated but can be a less expensive option. for your first trip, it's more expensive but i'd stick to dealing with disney directly.

Do you know how long it takes to get from BLT to magic kingdom? Is the monorail faster or should I just walk?

walking is much faster. the monorail is a nice option for a trip to the polynesian or grand floridian for dinner...or to go to the ticket center to change over to the epcot monorail.

BLT is also only a short walk to the MK bus hub if you have dinner reservations at another wdw resort, like animal kingdom lodge.

Only one tower. So Bay Lake Tower. It's a Disney Timeshare resort.

Hi,

I'm visiting WDW in june and am not sure where to book. I'm bringing my 3 year old daughter and 6 mth old son. I want a villa so that I don't have to go to bed at 7 with my kids. I really want to be close to Magic Kingdom since that's where we'll be most of the time and I want to be able to go back to the resort quickly to put my son down. I'm thinking Bay Lake Towers is the best option but wasn't sure if there were other good options???????

Just another convenience for you is that you do not need to fold up your stroller on the monorail. You can take the monorail to MK and EP (a tranfer to another monorail is required at the TTC).

Just another convenience for you is that you do not need to fold up your stroller on the monorail. You can take the monorail to MK and EP (a tranfer to another monorail is required at the TTC).

Not always. During our stay at BLT in October, everytime we got the monorail at the Contemporary Resort, guests were instructed to remove kids and fold the strollers up when they boarded the monorail.

Not always. During our stay at BLT in October, everytime we got the monorail at the Contemporary Resort, guests were instructed to remove kids and fold the strollers up when they boarded the monorail.

That is interesting. We encountered zillions of strollers (with kids in them!)on the resort monorail in September, but boarded at the Poly. I wonder if it is just the CMs at the Contemporary.

"Cinder" Ella's Mom said:
That is interesting. We encountered zillions of strollers (with kids in them!)on the resort monorail in September, but boarded at the Poly. I wonder if it is just the CMs at the Contemporary.

I've never been instructed to do that weird

She's only going to be able to book at BLT if there is availability. It is primarily a DVC property so members may have already booked for that time since they can book 11 months in advance for home resort or 7 months for non-home resort.

My parents recently booked a stay at Old Key West on cash, but when I looked for something there at the same time, there was no availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter