• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Value resort should we book

teresapg07

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, First time Disney fan here. Not sure which resort we should book. We are a family of 4 two adults, and our children are 12 year old girl and 18 year old son, our son is handicapped but can get around pretty good with a walker. just not sure which resort that they would BOTH enjoy? thanks for any advice.

I like the allstars family suit I'm a family of 6 and it gives me the room we need for the price I want to pay to sleep

I'd book a Finding Nemo suite at Art of Animation. I think it's the nicest value resort on property, close to the main building, great food court, great pools, and the suites are very nice with two full bathrooms and a kitchenette. Your kids will be able to have their own beds.

We stayed at Pop Century, and it was pretty nice. I've heard Art of Animation is nice too.

I would definitely look into the suites that are available and see if they fit your budget. The value rooms are nice but super small. We were cramped with two adults, a 5 year old and a 3 year old.

On the flip side, Coronado Springs is a moderate but the rooms are really large! You would want to request a room to make mobility easier as the resort is large and some rooms require quite a bit of walking to reach them. (Probably true for most Disney resorts, actually)

I have stayed at the All Star music a few times, and once in a family suite. I love this hotel. It is always fun, and relaxing. The family suites are great! They are a little pricey though, and like it was suggested above, you may do better for your son in the additional space of Coronado Springs.

We've stayed at All-Star Music, All-Star Movies, and recently Pop Century. All-Star Movies holds a special place in my heart as we've been there many times, but I also really like Pop, the food court had a lot of unique offerings.

I was at AoA last year and I would definitely recommend it to anyone, but I think it's worth mentioning that unless you book one of the family rooms, you'll have a far walk from the main lobby/cafe/buses area to the Little Mermaid standard rooms. I think both your kids would really enjoy AoA, but the distance thing may be something to consider if you weren't planning to spring for a family suite.

Out of POP and the All-Stars, we prefer POP because of the bus transportation. We loved that it didn't stop at any other resorts for pick-up. We needed a bit more room for next week's trip, so we booked at Art of Animation in a family suite. I'm hoping, praying, and crossing fingers AND toes that the bus transportation to and from the parks is as good, if not better, than POP.

The pool and theming at AoA, along with the lake and walking bridge to visit Pop is a cut above any of the All Stars. The only standard rooms are the Little Mermaid rooms but they aren't too "girly".

Pop is a good place to stay. The food court really does have some good food and a pretty good variety too. I would agree that the beds could be a little small for older kids. Might be worth looking at Coronado Springs to give yourself more space, although you are more spread out at the resort between buildings.

We stayed at Pop a few years ago and thought it was incredible but the rooms are small and have full size beds. I would check out a value suite if it fits the budget or a moderate like Caribbean because of the queen beds and the trundle.

Stay at Music and get a family suite. The rooms are the closest to the main building which cuts down on walking to buses, food, etc. We stay at Music every year and find it to be a wonderful place to relax. 30 more days and we're back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter