Which value for adults?

lrpickett

Mouseketeer
I'll be headed to the World in late January with a friend who has never been before, and who thinks that she'll never get to go again (her husband won't go). She has totally left me in charge of everything (my kind of travelling companion!;) ) and because this may be her only trip to WDW EVER, I want to make the best choice for the resort that I can. I have a preferred room at ASMo booked now--I was originally going with another friend who bailed and that was where she wanted to stay--but with all the recent reviews, I'm a little concerned. I'm now undecided between ASMo, ASMu, and POP.

The main considerations for me would be the bus transportation, room quality, cool theming, and quietness. We will mostly be in the room to sleep and get ready, but I still want it to be a good experience.

Which would you recommend, which would you NOT recommend, and why?

I find the asmu is the better of the all star resorts it tends to be a liitle less noisey than the others but if the pop is avalible i would book there. the pop has a nice outdoor bar seperate from the food court and a indoor bar in the food court pop also has a lake the allstars do not

I would choose POP because the food court and transportation is more efficient there than All-Stars (IMHO). Also the resort is newer so the rooms seem to be in better shape. Theming is over the top. I think if you want a room in a quiet area, you will have better luck at POP. There are several buildings towards the back that are overlooking a tranquil lake and walking path. DH and I have stayed there several times and it's our favorite value.

Music or Sports for us, two 60+ seniors. We have stayed at Pop several times....prefer All Stars, back of resort, away from pools, close to parking lot.

We love POP, sorry never been to ASmu:rolleyes1 , just wanted to chime in on POP, we actually love noise Its part of the experince for us:confused3 (I know were weired:rotfl2: ) we wre by the Bowling pin pool on the top floor an d could not here anything:cloud9:

We prefer the POP - better food court, the lake to walk along, and it doesn't share a bus. However, I like ASMu for adults, too. I don't care for the country section, but the Broadway and jazz sections are pretty neat the way they are lit up at night.

ASMU definitely!! DH & I stayed there in January - it was so nice and quiet - very relaxing. We had a standard room in the Jazz building near the parking lot. Very close to the food court, bus transportation & shopping. The rooms have recently been refurbished and overall is much nicer than POP. DH & I have stayed at POP several times & it's such a huge resort compared to the AllStars. We found POP to be too overcrowded, too loud, too many unsupervised & rude children. We also found the food court too crowded (you had to be a table vulture to find a table to eat at & pray that your food was still hot when/if you found a table). The bus transporation was much better at ASMu than it was at POP. We only shared 1x & that was to AK. At POP we had to wait for maybe 2 or 3 buses to cycle through before we could get standing room only going to any park in the morning.

Overall-for us (62 & 53) we found ASMu to be much more magical, quieter and just perfect for us. JMHO...............:cutie:

if you are splitting the cost of the room why don't you upgrade to moderate?
rooms are bigger, nicer and you have nicer amenities...like a jacuzzi.....
if this is her first time and maybe her last for just a few dollars more you can choose a nicer resort

just my opinion

I would suggest one of the moderates for adults if possible. The moderates are themed more toward adults. The bus transportation is also much better. But if it is a value resort - the POP for sure....I once stayed there with a room overlooking the lake and it was a lot less noisy than a room near the pool.

if you are splitting the cost of the room why don't you upgrade to moderate?
rooms are bigger, nicer and you have nicer amenities...like a jacuzzi.....
if this is her first time and maybe her last for just a few dollars more you can choose a nicer resort

just my opinion

I'm not a believer in the values especially for adults that want some peace and quiet. Values are more geared for families, mods are alot quietier with more for an adult to do, lounges and such. For my dollar, being late 50's my wife and I prefer to spend alittle more and enjoy the WL over the mods. We just like being under one roof, closer to the MK and having other modes of transportation available, we never use or rent a car and getting a room with AAA discount at value season fairly a good price a good deal. We go for location then price and being on the lakes is a must for us.

I would suggest one of the moderates for adults if possible. The moderates are themed more toward adults. The bus transportation is also much better. But if it is a value resort - the POP for sure....I once stayed there with a room overlooking the lake and it was a lot less noisy than a room near the pool.
The buses at pop are pretty comparable with the Mods, the only real diffrence was that the bus stops at the parks seem a lttle further away but were walk so much we really seen the diffrence.

For a value resort we like POP the best. The theming is great for adults - it's kind of fun to step back in time. Buses were very good and no sharing between other resorts. Clean rooms and nice food court. Pretty short walks to the main building. DH & I just stayed there in Sept. We were in the 90's building and it was really quiet there. :)

I would like to do a moderate, but she's really wanting to keep down costs. And really, we probably wouldn't use any of the moderate's extra features, (except for the extra sink and mirror in the morning, which would really be nice!) We'll be in the parks most of the time.

What has everyone thought of the theming at ASMu? I've never been there, and while the refurbished rooms sound great, the outside just doesn't appeal to me that much. Is it better in person? POP and ASMo just look more Disney-ish to me.

Just want to add another vote for POP!! DH and I love it there...in fact, when we went for our Honeymoon trip a couple of years ago, we even decided to stay there without kids. There are rooms in the 50's section that over look the lake and you can even see the high fireworks of Illuminations and wishes. It is very quiet over there!

I am sure you will make the right decision for you and your friend, and don't worry...you will have a great time no matter where you are sleeping!!

Trish

I was at Movies in 06, Music in 07 and POP in 08. We had a great stay at them all. I would say Music was probably the quietest and the rooms were newly refurbished. I would choose Music with POP being a very close second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter