Which value for a solo

D

dahirsh

My budget says I'm staying at a value for my next trip. I've stayed at All Star Movies and All Star Sports in the past. Which value would you pick next?

Deb

POP! It's still fresh and new, and has really festive theming. I haven't been to the bar, but it seemed to be a fun, safe gathering spot.

Based on my experience, I'd advise against ASMusic. There were lots of college-aged singles at the bar by the pool using rather un-Disney language and having a grand time. The way the resort is set up, I couldn't figure out how to get to my room without going by them. I felt like I was in the middle of a college dorm in the lounge!

I can only comment on POP since it's the only value in which I've stayed. I thought my room was quiet, the pools were nice (didn't swim, but they looked fun) and the little bar by the 70's pool was cute. But honestly, when I was solo, I didn't stay at the resort much - it was just a pillow and a shower for me. But both the pillow and shower were good ones :)

Have fun!

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Pop and loved it. I'm not a drinker but the pool bar seemed to be very popular and the pools are great. My room was 3332 and overlooked the pond, which gave me a wonderful view of Epcot and was able to see the fireworks. If I stay at another value resort it will definately be Pop! :goodvibes

I have stayed at the POP on the last three solo visits and I will be staying again, its great, the Pools are nice, Bar at pool is fun as is the inside bar. Definetly stay at the POP. :banana:

I think POP is my favorite resort now! I have stayed there twice as a solo, and loved it. By far the best value for your money, in my opinion! I love the grounds, as you have the lake and three pools. The location is wonderful, as you can even see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom and definately Epcot from the 50's area. POP is more centrally located than the All-Stars, too. As for buses, I thought the buses were far better at POP than the moderates (especially POR or CBR), since there is only one bus stop at POP, so no adding 15 minutes to go around to all the other stops. The rooms are small, but when you are solo, that is no problem at all! I also thought the food court was great, as I prefer food courts to sit-downs when I am solo. :cool:

On my next trip, probably will be at POP again! :) :)

When I go solo my favorite is All-Star Music.

Music is laid out like a giant guitar, and the bottom end is mighty far from Melody Hall, which houses the bus stops and food court. But I always rent a car, so I request a building in the Broadway section, which is far away, but close to the parking lot, and in the morning I simply drive around to Melody Hall for breakfast.

Since it's so far away from both Melody Hall and the pools, Broadway is very quiet and peaceful.

Fortunately, the experience that SimbasMom had with obnoxious college kids is not common. In all of my stays at ASMU I have never had any similar experiences; I have also never been near any loud tour groups or had any trouble getting a good night's sleep at ASMU. And despite what others may have experienced, I cannot hear toilets in neighboring rooms flushing when I stay at ASMU.

One small problem I had with ASMU once: I was in Broadway Building 8, on the side directly facing Jazz Inn Building 9. If you look at the map of ASMU, you can see a paved path running between Bldgs 8 and 9; this path is used as a service road by gas-powered stretch-limo golf carts which drop off the MouseKeeping staff every morning at 8am. Now, I know many DISers are early risers when at WDW, but I like to sleep in, and I was not happy to be jarred awake every morning by the sound of go-carts 25 feet outside my room! It was a lot like being awakened by a rude neighbor who decides to mow his lawn with a big loud riding mower at 8am on Saturday morning - so avoid the sides of Bldgs 8 and 9 which face each other.

I've stayed at all the value resorts and found ASMu to be the best adult/solo of the All Star resorts or Pop. As WillCAD mentioned, Broadway or Jazz are both great buildings/areas to stay in. Jazz is the closest to Melody Hall without paying preferred and Broadway has the best themeing. I've also stayed solo a few times at Pop and loved the 50's and 70's sections.

HTH!!! :teeth:

Another vote for Pop. I've stood at all the Values and Pop is my favorite. Especially the 70's section, great music!! The pool bar just HAPPENS to be behind the laundry so if you need somewhere to stay while your clothes are drying, here's the place. We had a ball!! And we're not crazy college kids either but not exactly seniors....... :cool1:

On my solo trip, I stayed at All Stars Music, in Rock Inn, and thought it was great. I never noticed any rowdy college students (but this was in early January), and was really impressed by the grounds--much more peaceful than I expected.

POP is the way to go. It is the most "adult" of the values. I went with DH and both sets of parents...we all loved it!

I was going to go to all star music but have changed my mind and am now going to Pop Century with the dining plan added on!!!!!!

:cool1:

When you make your ressies ask them if there's an area with more adults-I've done that in the past. There's lots of folks with your request.

I just got back from my 4 day solo trip, I stayed at POP and loved it. I have just booked my May trip with Family to stay there also. The cast members are all very friendly and helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter