Which TS meal to pay OOP

daveymc

Earning My Ears
E have the following ADR's which would be the best to pay OOP, there is just me and DW

California Grill - Dinner
Yachtsmans - Dinner
Raglan Road - lunch
Biergarten -Dinner Candlelight Processional package
1900 Park Fayre - Dinner
Be Our Guest -Dinner
Sanaa - Dinner
50's Primetime Diner - Lunch
Narcoosees - Dinner
Yachtsmans -dinner

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

It really depends on what you're going to order.

Look through the menus....if there is an inexpensive item one of you wants at one of your a la carte places, then that would be the place to pay OOP for at least one of you. Remember, you don't both have to pay OOP or both use DDP at the same place. You can split it up. That way, you can share the dessert portion of the DDP and not have to buy two of them.

It really depends on what you're going to order. Look through the menus....if there is an inexpensive item one of you wants at one of your a la carte places, then that would be the place to pay OOP for at least one of you. Remember, you don't both have to pay OOP or both use DDP at the same place. You can split it up. That way, you can share the dessert portion of the DDP and not have to buy two of them.

Never even occurred to me to split it up, this is our first time with the DDP so wasn't sure you could even do something like that..

Wasn't even sure is sharing desserts was frowned upon or not

Also remember the Signatures cost 2 credits (assuming you have non-premium dining plans). If you're not ordering the most expensive entrees at these, I'd pay out of pocket.

I don't think there'd be a problem sharing an app or dessert as long as the other person is also ordering something for dinner. We've dined with family not on the dining plan and we've never had a problem going family style for apps and desserts. The waiters at Yachtsman & Narcoosees even brought out extra plates and spoons for us.

I also don't think the Candlelight Processional package is worth 2 credits. I can't imagine they would charge $75 per person for Biergarten. It'll probably be in the 50s.

I also don't think the Candlelight Processional package is worth 2 credits. I can't imagine they would charge $75 per person for Biergarten. It'll probably be in the 50s.

I blame DW for this as she booked the package as she wanted to make sure she saw NPH narrating

It really depends on what you're going to order.

Look through the menus....if there is an inexpensive item one of you wants at one of your a la carte places, then that would be the place to pay OOP for at least one of you. Remember, you don't both have to pay OOP or both use DDP at the same place. You can split it up. That way, you can share the dessert portion of the DDP and not have to buy two of them.

Just to clarify...my family (Husband and daughter and me) can go to one resturant and not use all of our TS credits in one meal? We can use two TS and then pay OOP for some other stuff?

JEnn

Just to clarify...my family (Husband and daughter and me) can go to one resturant and not use all of our TS credits in one meal? We can use two TS and then pay OOP for some other stuff?

JEnn

Yes you can. However, if your daughter is a Disney kid, her credits are only good for KIDS' meals, so you can't use her credits to get adult meals later. Nor can you get more than one kids' meal at a time since you only have one kid.

But, you can use one adult TS, on kid TS and then get an app or cheaper entrée OOP for the other adult or get nothing at all and just share.

One more caveat....Via Napoli will NOT allow this. If you use your DDP at all at Via Napoli, you cannot do half DDP/half OOP and share.

E have the following ADR's which would be the best to pay OOP, there is just me and DW California Grill - Dinner Yachtsmans - Dinner Raglan Road - lunch Biergarten -Dinner Candlelight Processional package 1900 Park Fayre - Dinner Be Our Guest -Dinner Sanaa - Dinner 50's Primetime Diner - Lunch Narcoosees - Dinner Yachtsmans -dinner Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

I would definitely not pay OOP for any buffets, and you can also not share at those restaurants, for obvious reasons :). If it were me, I would go with the least expensive...probably 50's Primetime or Raglan Road, particularly as those will be lunches and likely lighter. That way you can save your credits for the pricier places.

Have fun!!

My general rule of thumb is that when on the DDP, a 1 TS meal needs to be about $37.50 (with tax) to be economically "efficient". (This assumes $17.50 for the QS and $4 for the snack.) So, at a Signature, you'll need to order an entree that's around $55 (assuming $3 for the drink and $12 for a dessert). At Narcoossee's, that pretty easy (Surf and Turf, lobster, etc.);at the other Sigs that might be harder. For a 1 TS location, I generally figure on entree that are at least $24 (assuming $3 for a drink, $8 for a dessert).

As PPs have said, I would look into "sharing" meals at the non-buffet locations. It helps stretch the credits (if needed). As always, you cannot share at buffets, all-you-care-to-eat/family style, dinner shows, fixed priced meals, dining packages, and dinner shows. So, you cannot share for the Biergarten with the Candlelight Processional (not that you could normally share at Biergarten anyway).

I would look at the menus and figure out which entrees sound the best and go from there. Pay OOP for the cheaper ones and use credits for the most expensive.

E have the following ADR's which would be the best to pay OOP, there is just me and DW

California Grill - Dinner
Yachtsmans - Dinner
Raglan Road - lunch
Biergarten -Dinner Candlelight Processional package
1900 Park Fayre - Dinner
Be Our Guest -Dinner
Sanaa - Dinner
50's Primetime Diner - Lunch
Narcoosees - Dinner
Yachtsmans -dinner

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

It depends on what you plan to order at each restaurant. If you go to all ears.net, they have all the menu's there. Estimate what the cost of each meal will be and pay OOP for the less expensive ones.

Good luck.

I would pay OOP for lunch at 50's PT. The portions are big enough to share so you could probably get by with ordering 1 entrée. I would also skip dessert there and use a snack credit at Starring Rolls or Writers Stop for something sweet.:)

Terri

Thanks for all the help and advice, we have since gone over the choices and made some changes

We cancelled our Be Our Guest dinner reservation and are going to try Be our Guest at lunch time, Sanaa has been changed from a dinner to a late lunch reservation and we have added Liberty tree tavern dinner reservation.

We will probably pay for 50's Primetime OOP and maybe even the Biergarten Candlelight processional package OOP too

We will probably pay for 50's Primetime OOP and maybe even the Biergarten Candlelight processional package OOP too

Sounds like good ideas. Don't forget that stop at Writer's Stop that tluvstinks mentioned. Cupcakes, ummmm..... good to save dessert for. Get there early, though! However, milkshakes at 50's! Decisions decisions......

Sounds like good ideas. Don't forget that stop at Writer's Stop that tluvstinks mentioned. Cupcakes, ummmm..... good to save dessert for. Get there early, though! However, milkshakes at 50's! Decisions decisions......

Had the milkshake at 50s Prime time diner last year and it was very very good

Yes you can. However, if your daughter is a Disney kid, her credits are only good for KIDS' meals, so you can't use her credits to get adult meals later. Nor can you get more than one kids' meal at a time since you only have one kid.

But, you can use one adult TS, on kid TS and then get an app or cheaper entrée OOP for the other adult or get nothing at all and just share.

One more caveat....Via Napoli will NOT allow this. If you use your DDP at all at Via Napoli, you cannot do half DDP/half OOP and share.

Let me ask you this...
My son is 11 and we have the FD in Dec. If there is nothing that he would want to eat on the adult menu will they let me order him a cheeseburger off the kids menu and pay OOP for that and then we have an extra Adult Table service to use another time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter