• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which TS for my AK day?

Which restaurant for dinner?

• Yak & Yeti

• Boma

• Spoodles

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrs D

I realize most people don't hear editing.
AK closes at 5pm that day we're there. I could try to get a 5pm seating or select a resort restaurant.

We are 3 adults staying at the Boardwalk (or at least thats the plan as of now).
My other ADR's are for The Wave - this is my birthday. Any opinions would be appreciated and Les Chefs de France.

So help me pick. Yak & Yeti if I can get an ADR for park close, Boma or Spoodles?

TIA! :wizard:

We LOVED Yak & Yeti (I'm pasting my review below). We are trying Spoodles next September on recommendation of a friend I've met on the boards. We had ressies for Boma but cancelled this past September because we were too tired. We've read pros and cons on it--and I doubt we'll do dinner there--I'm not too adventurous and I understand it has some different tastes (but we are definitely doing breakfast).

Yak & Yeti. I was a little leary of this place because I had read mixed reviews. However, my DH really likes this type of food (I'm not crazy) for it, so I said we'd give it a try. I am so glad we did. If it had not been for LeCellier, it could have taken #1 in our favorites. Shelley & Tom had the Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp and gave it two thumbs up (I tried a piece of the steak and it was great). DH had the Duck with Anadapur Glaze with Jasmine Rice and Stir Fried Vegtables and cleaned his plate. I had the Sweet/Sour Pork with White Rice and Stir Fried Vegetables. I wish there had been more Sweet/Sour Pork--it was that good and I finished the entire plate (excpet vegetables--not a big vegetable eater--especially stir fried).
We had the Mango Pie and Chocolate Brownie Sundaes for dessert (we boxed three of them to take back to the CSR because we were stuffed).

We Love Boma's. Jiko Is Nice Also. Jiko's Is More Elegant And More Geared Towards Adults Sit Down Where As Boma Is A Buffet. Boma Has Very Good Food And Different Tastes To Try If You Are Adventurous. Good Luck Choosing.:)

If you're all adults, I'd definitely recommend Jiko over Boma. Only downside is you might feel the need to freshen up between park time and dinner.

I voted for Spoodles though. Yak & Yeti seems nice for lunch, but I'm not sure about dinner. And Boma...eh, not a fan of curry and so much seems to be made with curry...that and I'm not a fan of buffets!

Not sure if it makes a difference, but we will be on the DDP.

I was pretty torn between Spoodles & Boma. I gave the vote to Boma tho, because you should really check out AKL. It's magnificent. Jiko would be a much better choice. It's our current WDW favorite.

Really, you can't go wrong with either Boma (or Jiko ;) ) or Spoodles. All 3 of those are on our must-do list for our next trip (although Boma will be breakfast)

We went to Yak n' Yeti twice on our last trip!!!

The shrimp & steak was delicious... and the wonton dessert... I want some right now!!!

We love Spoodles and even though we do not stay at the Boardwalk, we make a trip to Spoodles on out AK day. I especially recomend the shrimp linguini.

Yak and Yeti was excellent, and the cream cheese wonton dessert was simply fantastic.

I'd go there again in a heartbeat.

Haven't been there yet, but I think Boma sounds like a great option. In addition to dinner, you can explore the resort and hopefully do some night vision goggle animal viewing while you're there.

And Boma...eh, not a fan of curry and so much seems to be made with curry...that and I'm not a fan of buffets!

Boma has very few curry-flavored items. No "real" curry at all. It's actually much more Middle Eastern/North African.

By OVERWHELMING popular vote, I made out ADR for.....
BOMA!
I think I'd really like to try Yak & Yeti. I guess it'll be on our next trip!

WOW...that is probably the most difficult question I have ever seen on these boards. You have chosen 3 of our top 5 restaurants at WDW. You will not be disapointed in Boma. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to explore AK.

BTW, we ate at Spoodles last weekend and it was great

I voted for Boma. Take that with a grain of salt, because while I've eaten at Boma a couple times, I've only had Yak and Yeti counter service and I've never been to Spoodles, so I can't really compare. I do really like Boma a lot, though. There is so much variety, the food is tasty, and I love the atmosphere in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My kids actually hope that we won't be seated on time so they can go out back and look at the animals while we wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter