Which TS at Magic Kingdom for dinner?

Minnie M6

DIS Veteran
We want to have one TS dinner at MK, preferably for dinner. I have planned breakfasts for most park days, and I'm thinking we'll do mostly CS for lunches, so we don't have to stop whatever we're doing to eat at a certain time. If we are able to be at MK for MVMCP, we plan to get tickets for that (our trip is in December) and stay at MK that whole day (we aren't getting hoppers). I'm not sure what time MVMCP starts.......

Anyway,

This is the only meal I'm totally undecided on- I don't even have it narrowed down. :confused3

So, what is your favorite TS restaurant at MK?

Thanks! Love this board :love:

well...the castle is nice, but expensive. i love the liberty tree tavern, it's a nice family style meal and the characters are there too. some people will say that it's just stouffers (sp) from a box...but if that is true, then it is the best box food i have ever had!! LOL. but if you plan on doing that, get it for 5 or 5:30, or you might miss the beginning of the party. :goodvibes

The party starts at 7pm, but if you have tickets you can get in as early as 4pm (unless they change it for 2008). This means you can use your non-hopper ticket at any park that day and go to MK at 4pm by using your MVMCP ticket only.

I've only had dinner at Tony's and we liked it. It seems to get a lot of bad reviews, not sure why. I am italian and I love italian food. This is not by any means truely authentic or a gourmet place. But it is not anything like Olive Garden -MUCH better (I hate OG). Just keep in mind wherever you eat there will be a huge bottle neck around the castle around 6pm due to the early Wishes show so don't plan on trying to cut through there around that time.

Well, It is pretty easy to narrow down since the MK doesn't have a lot of choices:

The castle for dinner is good..and a great experience for the kiddies..BUT 2 TS so if you have only one left you can cross that off...

That leaves 3 restaurants: Tony's, Crystal Palace and Liberty Town Tavern.

Tony's~ Italian..not my favorite..I am from NY with a sicilian mother in law..so do not go by me..

Crystal Palace~ Buffet, Winnie the Pooh Characters..food is good...the theme is kind of young for my kids (6, 7 and 10)

LTT~ Nice atmosphere..but the food was bad..dry and overcooked..It is family style and characters do come around..Chip and Dale, Goofy, Minnie and Pluto.

I hope this helps...

Slim pickin's for Magic Kingdom Table Service, but Crystal Palace is good -- love the peel-n-eat shrimp (I always gorge on the shrimp).

Tony's is your next best bet.

Thanks everyone- I'm surprised there are only 3 TS to choose from at MK. Now I'm wondering if maybe we should just plan on a CS dinner that evening. That would save one of our credits for another day and make things less rushed. I didn't realize that we could plan on going to a different park that day and still attend MVMCP- hmmm......that may change the plan for the whole day :idea:

I do plan on making an ADR for Crystal Palace for breakfast on our first MK day. For some reason, the breakfasts appeal to me more than lunch/ dinner. On our free days (no parks- just exploring the resorts and DTD)- we will make dinner ADRs.

Good thing there's lots of time to plan ;)

So, any suggestions for CS at MK?

Crystal Palace or Chef Mickeys in Contemp.

:thumbsup2 we ate dinner at 3pm at Chef Mickeys and then at 4 entered MVMCP and partied till it was midnite snacking here and there, we were full and didnt wanna miss any of the party stuff, worked great! Have fun

I think it would be worth your while to try a MK resort restaurant for at least one night. It's SO convenient & quick to travel there via monorail (or walk to CR) and this expands your dining options immensely!

I've heard great things about all the MK resort restaurants.

As for on-site, I personally found LTT sort of chaotic for dinner. I felt very rushed, but this could have just been due to our waitress and not the restaurant itself (we've only been there once). BUT if you are a Stouffers food fan, like I am, the food is terrific (comfort food at it's finest).

We want to try a CRT dinner next time. What appeals to me about CRT (and might appeal to you as well!) is the pretty view you get of Fantasyland all lit up at night.

You also asked about CS restaurants:

-We LOVED the Main St. Bakery. Enjoy a very fresh & hearty sandwich and a very yummy dessert.
-If you like hot dogs, I've heard wonderful things about Casey's, also on Main St. (I don't eat hot dogs so can't give you a first hand account)
-Harbour House in Liberty Square-great tuna sandwiches

There is another TS in MK - The Plaza! We had an excellent meal there on the 12th. The menu is basically just really yummy sandwiches and fabulous ice cream desserts. I can personally recommend the plaza club and a banana split!:thumbsup2

Mmmmmm...

I checked out the menu for the Plaza restaurant- you gotta love a place that has almost an equal number of deserts as entrees :lovestruc

And I think DS 8 and DD 7 would be happy with the kids menu. My only concern is being over scheduled that day- starting with an early morning and ending with MVMCP.

I can't stand the waiting for the EMH hours and special events to be released so I can firm up my touring plan already :hourglass

Okay, I'm having way too much fun with the smiley icons or whatever they're called!

We really enjoyed the character dinner at LTT. Yummy comfort food, a nice atmosphere and lots of attention from the characters. The food is Thanksgiving-type food and, we thought, very nicely done.

The plaza is not a good TS value - its one of the cheapest TS. And, IMO, not the best food either. I would choose Crystal Palace, Tony's or LTT (in that order) if you opt to stay in MK. If you go to a resort restaurant, Ohana or Kona in the Poly would be my picks. Chef Mickey's (buffet in the contemporary) is a good choice too.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter