Which Travel Agent do you use?

Jerseymomof2

Mouseketeer
From what I have been told all TA's are suppose to charge the same amount for the cabins/cruise and the only bonus really is the OBC that you can get from them.

I have a set time frame and port that we have to leave from. So the kids sail free options and such never seem to apply for the ones I can go on.

So I guess the best I can try for is a good OBC from the TA.

what has everyone gotten from theirs and who can you recommend?

Thank you

From what I have been told all TA's are suppose to charge the same amount for the cabins/cruise and the only bonus really is the OBC that you can get from them.

I have a set time frame and port that we have to leave from. So the kids sail free options and such never seem to apply for the ones I can go on.

So I guess the best I can try for is a good OBC from the TA.

what has everyone gotten from theirs and who can you recommend?

Thank you

We use Marla at Dreams Unlimited, the travel company that sponsors this forum. Here is link to their SBC http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/specials.htm#sbc

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3195756

Is this OBC in addition to the OBC you receive when re-booking onboard??

We use Beth Czada at Dreams Unlimited. She has been super helpful and I will continue to book with her.

Yes, you can get OBC from your TA and OBC from DCL when rebooking onboard.

We paid total of $11,592 which includes tax & port for 3 cabins but got a rebate check after final payment was made of $1,175. plus we have $375. SBC (spread between the 3 cabins).

Since we were treating everyone I checked with about 12 different companies (on line and off) and this was the best I found.

I also use Dreams Unlimited. Merrie Thomas has booked many trips for us and is fabulous. The OBC can't be beat!

Love Heather at Wishdrawals Travel. Www.wishdrawals.com. She only books Disney and has experience with multiple Disney cruises. It's a small company so someone gets back to you super fast.

Like Costco? They don't know anything about Disney Cruises. I really didn't need or want any help though. Their 9% rebate in the form of a cash card was all that I wanted.

Like Costco? They don't know anything about Disney Cruises. I really didn't need or want any help though. Their 9% rebate in the form of a cash card was all that I wanted.

lol, I wouldn't know what they know about travel to Disney or travel to the moon for that matter, I booked through their website and didn't talk to their agents about the trip.
They do have a toll free number that was useful when I had a minor billing issue, and they cleared that up in only a few moments.

lol, I wouldn't know what they know about travel to Disney or travel to the moon for that matter, I booked through their website and didn't talk to their agents about the trip.
They do have a toll free number that was useful when I had a minor billing issue, and they cleared that up in only a few moments.

Does Costco let you pay with Disney gift cards?

The reason I asked was because we booked our first cruise (I won't mention with who since i have no idea if it's allowed) through a credit card. Since I had points with them we got $1000 off per room. but we only got a $25 OBC which as you know $25 pretty much covers nothing. I don't think I have enough points when then 2015 schedule comes out to get this deal of $1000 off a room again. So I was searching for someone else to book through. Also the person who we booked through had Never booked a disney cruise before so we had to help her along. Thank goodness for these boards that I knew enough.

Now back to what some people wrote.
Can I book through Disney and get an OBC through them and then change to a TA and get one from them too?

I really cannot afford this cruise but I'm trying to find a way to make it happen before my kids grow up.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!!:cheer2:

Can I book through Disney and get an OBC through them and then change to a TA and get one from them too?

Yes! As long as you transfer within 30 days. Be aware, though, that you will probably get less credit from a TA on a transferred credit than if you name them at the time of booking.

I believe when people are talking about booking direct with DCL for the OBC they are talking about booking your next cruise whilst onboard the ship. When doing this you receive a 10% discount and an OBC based on the length of the cruise along with a reduced deposit amount from DCL.

When booking this onboard make sure that the booking agent on the ship names your travel agent at the time of booking. There is no need to then do a transfer and with Dreams Unlimited Travel you will then be eligible for the full OBC based on the price of your cruise.

I will be sailing in April and want to book an Alaska cruise for my honeymoon in 2015. I have plans of booking onboard in April and would like to use DU as my travel agent but I have never used them (or any other TA for that matter). So my questions is.....When i do my onboard booking in April and ask the DCL booking agent to add DU as my TA, how does that work? Does DCL notify DU that they have a new customer, or do I have to become a customer before I can name drop at OBB. Anyone who can shed a little light on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

I will be sailing in April and want to book an Alaska cruise for my honeymoon in 2015. I have plans of booking onboard in April and would like to use DU as my travel agent but I have never used them (or any other TA for that matter). So my questions is.....When i do my onboard booking in April and ask the DCL booking agent to add DU as my TA, how does that work? Does DCL notify DU that they have a new customer, or do I have to become a customer before I can name drop at OBB. Anyone who can shed a little light on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Yes. An email goes to DU and then someone will contact you. I would make contact with DU before you sail though so your contact information is in DU's system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter