Which Towncar service?

scootert

DIS Veteran
Looking for reviews of the various towncar services - who do you use and why?

Sounds like we pay the driver the full roundtrip fare (plus tip) when he drops us off -- cash or credit card? We're switching resorts in the middle of our stay and don't want to get stranded for the return!!

All advice appreciated. TIA

I have used Tiffany with very good results. Also have used FL Tours, with good results.
I never pay the entire tip up front. If the company says you need to pay the r/t fare up front, fine. That's not unusual. But, never pay the whole tip then.
When you get to your destination, just be sure to ask them what they have down for your pickup resort. That way you'll know that they know it's a different resort.

We have used both Tiffany Town Cars & Florida Tours during split stays. Both companies confirmed the different resort for pick up as we were dropped off. I think they deal with this pretty often.

Tiffany was the first service I used but I switched & used Florida Tours for several years because I wanted to support a DisBoards sponsor. But last Sept Florida Tours was about $27 more than Tiffany due to their "fuel surcharge". (Remember gas prices were back down at that time.) I was unhappy with that surcharge & used Tiffany for the first time in about 5 years.

We were very happy with Tiffany's service! The driver was actually waiting as we descended the stairs at the airport. The last few times we used FL Tours, we had to stand around & wait or search to find our drivers, who were late to arrive. We actually had time to collect all our luggage & still had to wait for the driver in 2010 (FL Tours). On our return trip (with Tiffany), the driver was not only early, but again waiting, holding a sign with our name. No guessing if that was our car. :goodvibes

We are headed back in May. While I haven't checked prices yet, I'm pretty sure I'll be booking Tiffany again. Have a great vacation!

:) We have only used Tiffany. Except for one driver who drove too fast ..in our 7-8 trips using them we have only had top notch service. Steve, Waseem, Reanta, and Mark are all great drivers and will be happy to take you for a grocery stop. They have always been wating in baggage claim and ALWAYS pick us up on time. Cars are clean and they will chat with you a bit if you are so inclined, which I really like. Mark even picked us up in his Exec Towncar one time--very posh. We have also gotten a van from them also and they have a step to use to help you get in and out with plenty of room for luggage.

You can pay for the trip with a CC but the drivers prefer cash because they do not have to run the card which takes longer when they drop you off. I always tip at least $10 each way in case we have different drivers.

Tiffany will get all of the resort info and should have a print out and give you their card when they drop you off. It will have pick up info on it. Be sure to have all your flight info ready when you call too. They make sure the planes are on time to keep the driver on schedule.

We have used both Tiffany Town Cars & Florida Tours during split stays. Both companies confirmed the different resort for pick up as we were dropped off. I think they deal with this pretty often.

Tiffany was the first service I used but I switched & used Florida Tours for several years because I wanted to support a DisBoards sponsor. But last Sept Florida Tours was about $27 more than Tiffany due to their "fuel surcharge". (Remember gas prices were back down at that time.) I was unhappy with that surcharge & used Tiffany for the first time in about 5 years.

We were very happy with Tiffany's service! The driver was actually waiting as we descended the stairs at the airport. The last few times we used FL Tours, we had to stand around & wait or search to find our drivers, who were late to arrive. We actually had time to collect all our luggage & still had to wait for the driver in 2010 (FL Tours). On our return trip (with Tiffany), the driver was not only early, but again waiting, holding a sign with our name. No guessing if that was our car. :goodvibes

We are headed back in May. While I haven't checked prices yet, I'm pretty sure I'll be booking Tiffany again. Have a great vacation!
And I thought our experience with FL Tours was an aberration. Guess not. After getting our bags and standing around for about 10 mins, dh finally went in search of our driver. He was outside, smoking!! I had never had a car service not meet us at the bottom of the escalators.
And when we were due to depart from BWV?? Same thing...waited and waited, right at the portico, where we were told to be. Waited for 15 mins. We called the company, were told that the driver should have been there already. Well, after another 5 mins we noticed a towncar down by the bus stop!! Dh walked down, and there our driver was, having another smoke outside his car. We got to the airport about an hour prior to departure. There was no tip for our return trip.
It's really too bad, I like to use board sponsors, but when you have that kind of experience, it sours it for you.

Well, after posting here last night, I went on both Tiffany & FL Tours websites. Tiffany is $20 less. I will definately be booking with them.

I have used Towncar Services of Orlando exclusively for about three years now. I had used Tiffany prior but had a few different driver's -- nothing bad but was ready for a change. I had read a good review and thought I would try them. To be honest I have never been in their cars but my daughter would use them to get back and forth from the airport from Rosen and now our condo. I want to say she has probably used them 10 times. Anyway, they charge the card one leg at a time, have never had a problem with them and when I once switched around airline numbers they figured out the mistake and called me and were able to get her at the airport at the right time.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter