Which to ditch??

uknewbie

Earning My Ears
Hi all

Please can you help me dicide on adr's for Oct?

In the running are:

Ohana's
Sanaa
Whispering Canyon
The Wave

but i only need 2 ADR's - we are family with 2 kids, 4 & 7.

Help?!

Thanks in advance :)

I agree with cutting The Wave.

If your children are slightly more adventurous eaters, Sanaa could be a fantastic choice (I haven't been there yet, but my kids love Indian food, the menu looks great and I've heard very positive things). If you think your kids would enjoy it, I'd probably keep it and cut Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Ohana has been receiving highly mixed reviews, but it seems they have been more positive than negative and I think the experience is quite pleasant. The Poly is a fun resort to visit, as well.

WCC also receives mixed reviews, but they seem more negative than positive and the food seems the most pedestrian and available elsewhere, in my opinion.

Have fun, whatever you choose!

OK, going off your username, I'm guessing you may be British, in which case you probably have better access to good Indian food than we do in Des Moines, Iowa, and probably less access to Southern-style BBQ, so I might change my suggestion to keep Ohana and WCC.

Hope that helps!

OK, going off your username, I'm guessing you may be British, in which case you probably have better access to good Indian food than we do in Des Moines, Iowa, and probably less access to Southern-style BBQ, so I might change my suggestion to keep Ohana and WCC.

Hope that helps!

im not the OP, but we do have excellent Indian here:lmao:
i would suggest that sanaa may be a bit too much for your kids unless they eat out and enjoy the social thing, wcc is fun, go for the experience and not the food and you ll be happy:goodvibes

I have never been to Sanaa, but have been to the others. I didn't care for The Wave, but the kids liked it. None of us liked WC for dinner. The food was horrible from the skillet. It was so dry. Maybe if we ordered something other than the skillet meal, it would have been different.

im not the OP, but we do have excellent Indian here:lmao:
i would suggest that sanaa may be a bit too much for your kids unless they eat out and enjoy the social thing, wcc is fun, go for the experience and not the food and you ll be happy:goodvibes

Absolutely. I used to travel quite frequently to London and it was some of the best I've ever had! Best meal of my life was at Tamarind in Mayfair. It's been seven years and I still recall that meal fondly! :thumbsup2 I don't miss the constant travel, but I do miss the food.

We did The Wave last year - good but not impressive. That would be my first to go...WC is ok, we have done it twice. Love Ohana and love the Poly...haven't done Sanaa, have a reservation for it in July but I'm pretty sure it is on our chopping block!
Hope this helps!
Debbie

Thanks for all your input :)

Yes we are british and have Indian food a lot (tonight in fact!) - thought Sanaa might be nice with the animals etc. I always miss some spice when i'm in Orlando ;) but then we are doing Boma already...

Am concerned about WCC as the food really doesn't appeal but i'm keen to check out the WL and can't quite squeeze in another 2 credit option with Artist Point. Thought the kids may enjoy it too...?

Ohana i really like the look of :) That's a keeper :)

I need an option when we're doing a late one at MK and i thought the of the Wave as then we could just leave the car for a few hrs and walk to MK.

Oh decisions, decisions :confused: ;)

I guess for your family situation, I'd ditch The Wave and Sanaa (you don't know how much it pains me to say that!).

If you weren't bringing your kids, I'd keep these two in a heartbeat. But they're probably not the greatest choices for your family.

Definetly do 'Ohana, the food is great and it's a fun atmosphere! Plus there is great atmostphere and the grounds at the Poly are beautiful.

The food was not great at WCC, but it is the perfect place for kids.
We had a lot of fun there, but the food was really just ehh.

Have fun!!!!!

...Am concerned about WCC as the food really doesn't appeal but i'm keen to check out the WL and can't quite squeeze in another 2 credit option with Artist Point. Thought the kids may enjoy it too...?...
You are on target to have concerns regarding the food at WCC (salty/greasy) and if you are able to consider Artist Point you might also give a thought to Citrico's (GF) or California Grill (CR). While our kids enjoyed Artist Point they enjoyed the other two I mentioned even more. We were a little underwhelmed with Artist Point.

Whispering Canyon Cafe has a fun atmosphere, but I didn't care for the "skillet" meal. I had been looking forward to trying that, but it was dry and tasted like it had been sitting out for a while. I think it might have been better if I had ordered off the regular menu. I did like the unlimited milkshakes, though! :cheer2:

I've eaten at Ohana twice. I loved it the first time but the second time I felt that we were really rushed through our meal. The entertainment there is cute for the kids...there is a lady who sings and teaches the kids some hula moves.

Both resorts are beautiful and are fun just to see.

I haven't been to the other two restaurants.

Have a great trip!

we r travelling in Nov with kids: 3 and 11.
We will be doing ohana and Sanaa for disney experience. So I would recommend them.:)

I've eaten at Ohana twice. I loved it the first time but the second time I felt that we were really rushed through our meal.

I would ditch the Wave at keep 'Ohana. Haven't tried the other two so can't comment.

As for being rushed at 'Ohana, don't let them. You don't have to take anything you aren't ready for yet. When they bring the skewers to your table just tell them you aren't ready. They won't force you to eat.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter