Which Timeshare to stay?

Tigger9

Mouseketeer
We are looking to stay at one of the interval timechares in the disney area (of which there are plenty to choose from!)

Please tell me your favorite non-disney owned timeshare and why it is your favorite! Thanks!!

These are my favorites so far:

Marriott Horizons Orlando - Great pools/slides (perfect if you have little kids and want themed pools and like to swim).

Marriott Cypress Harbour - Beautiful, relaxing Key West/Old Florida theme.

Sheraton Vistana Villages - Great beds and pretty resort.

These are my personal top non-DVC picks from II, not in any particular order:

Sheraton Vistana Villages is pretty at night, w/waterfalls and nice lighting - just seems romantic.

Marriott Cypress Harbour's grounds and buildings remind me of Disney's OKW, but with a lake/boats and without a pool slide. Tons for all ages to do there.

Marriott Grand Vista is lovely, especially for golfers, nice for families too. The golf course has an onsite restaurant.

Horizons by Marriott offers a lot for families with younger kids, especially at the pirate-themed pool area - but no jacuzzi in the room.

The rooms at these are all very, very nice and they are all located well for visiting Sea World (especially), as well as WDW and Universal parks, other area attractions and restaurants. They also all have pretty nice pools w/poolside bar/grill and other amenities. :)

ETA: Too funny, Debbie! Guess we think alike about this too! :)

In somewhat particular order....

Any DVC
Marriott Cypress Harbour
Marriott Grande Vista
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Cypress Pointe (I or II)
Sheraton Vistana Resort

If you have a strong enough trader and can find a DVC for times that you want - take one. Excellently themed resorts with the benefits of being on property, only drawback might be the extra $95 DVC fee.

However the two Marriotts are just outstanding properties with new and/or refurbished villas (for the most part), great amenities, and just very classy.

IMO the Sheratons are a little behind the Marriotts but very nice as well. Vistana Resort is very large and some areas are newer and nicer than others, but a lot of the older parts of the resort have been or are being refurbished. Villages is fairly new and very nice.

Cypress Pointe is a smaller resort, nicely situated near Downtown Disney. They've put a lot of effort in maintaining this resort and the three-bedroom villas are terrific.

Dick Taylor

I agree about the others, and also would add Hilton Grand Vacation Club. We have stayed at Sea World and our friends own on Int'l Drive and love it there too.

adding the other Marriott
Marriott's Sabal Palms
Marriott's Royal Palms - I think both of these got a rehab - so they are much better than before

Marriott's Imperial Palms - I heard this one is getting a rehab this year.

We also love Orange Lake in addition to all those already mentioned. But....it is HUGE...probably would have to drive to the pool area.

HeatherC

We stayed at Orange Lake and loved it. It was clean and roomy and perfect. My son said "I could live here!" It was close to a Publix and the parks, too.

okay I might be wrong - but I think she only wants II ones

HGVC, Orange Lake and Vacation Villa at Parkway are only RCI to my knowledge.

Try Calypso Cay Resort at the Amerisuites complex on SR535 on Vineland Road in Kissimmee...It is literally 4 minutes from Disney World...Kind of hidden, but hey have a 2 adventure pools and great restaurants around them...Only a 5 minute drive to the Disney Village...Low key, but that can be good

Try Calypso Cay Resort at the Amerisuites complex on SR535 on Vineland Road in Kissimmee...It is literally 4 minutes from Disney World...Kind of hidden, but hey have a 2 adventure pools and great restaurants around them...Only a 5 minute drive to the Disney Village...Low key, but that can be good

I forgot about this one.

really, really close to the new Walmart. You can walk to it.

CondoDirect does not have our dates open, so I was curious if there was some other site I could check. Thanks!!

Before purchasing our own home in Orlando, we stayed many many times at Whyndam Palms, which is now called Mystic Dunes. It is around 2 miles to the main gate of Disney, just off the 192 on Old Lake Wilson Road. The accommodation is fantatic - sometimes we had two bed appartment booked but ended up with three bedrooms. Spotlessly clean, friendly staff. There are four pools, tennis courts, table tennis, bikes for hire, and crazy golf.

We have stayed in many timeshares along the 192 but found these to be the nicest, not to say that the other arent, but these are great.

Our friends love staying in the Marriott Grande Vista which is close by Seaworld.

Mine would be - in no particular order as they are all great resorts

Marriott Horizons

Mariott Cypress Harbour

Calypso Cay.

We had friends that stayed at Mystic Dunes, so we got to stop by and see the resort. Gorgeous!!!! And the rooms were so clean.

We have stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista booked through Interval in both 2005 and 2007 (2 week stay- just a few weeks ago) .

The grounds are beautiful , the customer service (check in and out) is top flight, it's very secure (gated - which sadly is becoming more important with some of the problems in Orlando), and it caters to all kinds of travellers (young families,those with no kids , seniors).

We have found it to be very quiet and have enjoyed the grounds on days when we didn't venture to the parks .

There are also several pools and a beautful golf course designed by Nick Faldo.

We are planning our next Orlando trip already and that's where we'll be staying on our return .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter