Which ticket would you buy?

mkandk

Mouseketeer
Background: (optional reading)...We're going in October. :banana: Taking the inlaws (their first trip to DW). We've been 3 times before, and my DD is 10, DS is 11. We will probably go back again some time, as we've never been to Universal Studios, and I'm waiting until they are daring enough to do the really big rides.

Now, to my decision. ;) We're going to be there 6 days, going to parks 3 days, 1 night at MNSSHP, and 1 day at the water parks. Do I:

1. Buy a 3 day hopper with 2 options for everyone?
2. Buy the above for the inlaws, but get Me and My family the 10 day, no expiration, hopper deluxe tickets that we can use for future trips?

My gut says to go for option number 2 because the cost comes down to $21/ticket/day, :earboy2: but it's around $600 more, and kind of a gamble since we don't have any plans set in stone. Plus, if Disney offers another free dining deal, I might want to go that route.

Thank you in advance for contributing your valuable time to my personal dilemma. :blush:

I'd do option #2. Just getting the same tickets for next time (3 day hoppers and plus pack), as you are this time, for your family of 4 would cost $1004+tax. Getting the 10 day now, with the no expiration, would cost an extra $504+tax. It's a $500 savings to do it now and you'd have 7 days left on the tickets rather than the 3 day ticket I used for my figuring. That's like 4 free days. If you went for 3 days next time, the dining program would be less than that for 3 days for the four of you even if there would happen to be a free dining program out then. That's a big if. So if you go for three days next time too, you'd still have 4 days left for yet another trip. If you look at it that way, that's another $1060 it would potentially cost for a 3rd trip. Using my (made up) scenerio, that's a potential savings of $1500 over 3 trips. :rotfl2: I really got carried away with myself planning your next 3 trips, didn't I? I needed numbers to use, so I just based it on your current trip. The numbers will vary depending on the length of time your future trip would be....Did that all make sense? :confused3

Yes, it made perfect sense. ::yes:: And thank you for adding it up; I think I needed some one to say I was doing the right thing as much as I needed the math help.

Woohoo! And we've never used the water parks or other perks...so it's good all around. :cool1:

mkandk said:
Yes, it made perfect sense. ::yes:: And thank you for adding it up; I think I needed some one to say I was doing the right thing as much as I needed the math help.

Woohoo! And we've never used the water parks or other perks...so it's good all around. :cool1:

You are very welcome!

We had never done the water parks or DQ before our last trip either and we loved them! Have a great time!

No brainer...#2...Even if you hold the tickets for 5 years, you will still be ahead on tickets

Thats what we decided to do as well!!! Just think of it as a "Disney Investment" :goodvibes

We don't know when we might go again but with the tickets bought and paid for it may be sooner than later!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter