• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Style of Crocs

waynedavis703

Earning My Ears
which style is good for walking around the parks. I am at the Croc website but don't know which ones to get for the parks. let me know

I would say beach or cayman are probably the most comfortable for walking around the parks. I wore my Aspens when we went back in January and because they are closed top, my feet got a bit sweaty and I developed blisters. Now I wear my beach and aspens all the time walking to and from work and I have no problems with them...unless a piece of dirt gets in them which is easy walking around Boston since they are digging up the entire city.

im going to try my scutes this weekend at disney - im also taking my caymans (they are more comfie to me than my beach for some reason)

stay away from crocs unless you have worn them before for long periods of time. These shoes are comfy for some but if you have not worn them before the blisters from these shoes can be some of the worse blisters you can have. They offer very poor support and wouldn't want to have your trip ruined with blisters of epic proportions. Remember the average person will walk a minimum of 5 miles in a slow day at WDW. You still can not beat a good pair of sneekers. Just a thought and have a great time on you trip. :thumbsup2

Ignore people who have never even owned a pair and criticize them.

I suggest you get your shoes about a month before your trip so you can wear them around home/town and make sure they won't cause any blisters/hot spots. There are people that have problems with blisters, but in relation to how many do NOT have problems, they are just a drop in the bucket. But you don't want that to be you on your trip!

I am one of the people that have plantar fasciatis and I was able to go on our 10 day trip and wear nothing but my Crocs. My feet were SO happy. My toes weren't squished in hot tennis shoes. When we went on wet rides (and the day it rained) we didn't have to worry about our shoes getting wet. The crosolite (NOT RUBBER - NOT PLASTIC) was a perfect 'material' for these situations.

Crocs.com has had a history of poor shipping times. If you trip is sooner than later, you might want to get your crocs from another on line source (www.zappos.com or www.shoes.com come to mind, but I'm not positive if they carry Crocs or not).

The Cayman and the Beach have the most cushion (compared to the flip flops and the 2 new styles, Mary Janes and Prima Ballet) - therefore are most comfortable for the excessive walking one does at WDW. Many people have said they had good luck with the flip flop style, but I didn't think they felt as soft as the two I mentioned. The only difference between Cayman and Beach is the sizing. Cayman comes in whole sizes (5 , 6, 7 etc). Beach comes in a size range (for example 5-6, 7-8 etc).

I am NOT a walker at home. I am not accustomed to walking 5+ miles a day like we do at WDW. I did not have any problems while wearing my Crocs. Period. Before, with $100 + walking shoes, I could barely stand at the end of the day when at WDW. I never felt that way wearing my Crocs.

If you try them and they aren't for you, then that's OK to. Just don't let people tell you not to try them if you're interested. If you're concerned about them not working for you (because of all the very vocal naysayers - most who have never tried them) then pack a second pair of shoes for the trip as a back up.

Have fun! (and don't worry - the funny look will start to grow on you. LOL)

I would also go for the Cayman's or the Beach. I LOVE www.shoebuy.com .

Free shipping, free returns
Coupon code ICE7463 or AZOOGLEADS10
Register and get an additional 10%.

Order early, though. For me, in Maine, my last order took about 10 days to come.

I, my daughter, my mother, and my grandmother all love our Crocs! I will bring some Bodyglide on my trip, though, and rub a little on the top of my foot... I have high arches and sometimes get a tiny bit of rubbing... Never had any blisters or anything, but I will be trekking around Disney!

I HAVE OWNED A PAIR TRAVELIN GAL! Got the things for free and didn't like them. Just giving my opinion. I would not talk down about something that I have not tried myself. :crazy2:

My mom has the same foot problem as Travelingal and her pediatrist told her to steer clear of them as the shoe offers no support other than being squishy it does nothing for you. He told her to get a very good pair of running/walking shoes and a good pair of socks to wear in them NON COTTON so they don't hold the moisture from sweaty or wet feet so blisters would be minimized go with a good pair of running socks made from coolmax or other type material.. My entire family other than myself wore crocs and all of them hated how hot and sweaty thier feet got and my wife got terrible blisters across the top of her foor where the shoe rubed. They wore them for a month in hopes they would get better but they never did so they all went into the garbage.

If you go to the crocs website, you'll see that they have a "professional" version. I know a few people who have them and they've said there is a world of difference in comparison to the Caymans.

They're on my pre-Disney shopping list!

I own a pair of the Beach, two pairs of the Aspens, two pairs of the Niles, and three pairs of the Athens. All have made at least one trip to WDW. In order of comfort for me at least they ranked:

1. Beach
2. Aspens
3. Athens
4. Niles

The Niles were the only ones to give me blisters (and both pairs did so on two different trips). However, my D-I-L and I wear the exact same size shoes and last Sept she wore both pairs of my Niles with no problems. We both agree though that the Beach are the most comfortable for walking in all day.

Now, if you had asked me for the MOST comfortable pair of shoes to wear in WDW I would say Teva Mush flip flops :cloud9: . Those are the ones I usually wind up in the most. When I go too WDW in two weeks I'm carrying my Croc Beach (pink), a pair of my D-I-L's Beach (brt. yellow), a pair of my Croc Athens (red), a pair of Adidas flip flops (white/pink), a pair of Reef flip flops (tan/pink), and my beloved Teva Mush flip flops (black).

TravelinGal said:
I am one of the people that have plantar fasciatis and I was able to go on our 10 day trip and wear nothing but my Crocs. My feet were SO happy.

I'm glad to hear that crocs worked out well for you. I have PF and am worried about how my feet will do with all of the walking. I'm bringing a pair of Caymans and a pair of Tevas. I plan to wear the Caymans most of the time.

I also have PF and wore my crocs almost every day on our last trip. I wore my Beach ones 2X, once without socks and once with socks (with socks was much better) and many of the other days I wore the flip flop style which worked out great for me. They were very comfy and my feet felt great all week. They were a little tired in the morning, but by the time I walked to the food court for coffee they were fine again. No where near the pain I've had in the mornings sometimes from the PF. I did find that my feet got way too sweaty in the Beach style without socks,but I'm sure the fact that we were there in August played a role in that.

lazydazy8 said:
I would also go for the Cayman's or the Beach. I LOVE www.shoebuy.com .

Free shipping, free returns
Coupon code ICE7463 or AZOOGLEADS10
Register and get an additional 10%.

Order early, though. For me, in Maine, my last order took about 10 days to come.

I, my daughter, my mother, and my grandmother all love our Crocs! I will bring some Bodyglide on my trip, though, and rub a little on the top of my foot... I have high arches and sometimes get a tiny bit of rubbing... Never had any blisters or anything, but I will be trekking around Disney!

I'm surprised that it took you so long to get your Crocs from Shoebuy. I've always received my order the next day...and that was two orders and an exchange. They all arrived next day at no extra cost.

I walk a lot!! I walk at least 5 miles every day and I wear my crocs - every day! I have 5 different styles: beach, cayman, athens, nile and aspen. I love them all.

I believe that the people who are having significant difficulties with blisters are probably wearing the wrong size. Crocs should not fit snug. When standing, your foot should ONLY be touching the bottom of the shoe. The sides, front and top should not touch and if you wear the strap around your ankle, you should be able to put your fingers down between your heel and the strap. This is very important!!

I have gotton one or two minor blisters when wearing my Crocs. These occured on the top of my foot where my foot hit the cuff of the shoe as I walked. And I believe that this really only occured because of sand getting into them. Walking around the streets of Boston where everything is under construction, kicks up a lot of sand. I've never had a blister problem when walking anywhere other than Boston.

And I also have plantar fascitis. My sneakers were killing me. Crocs are pure heaven for me. They are pretty much the only things I wear these days. My sister also has foot problems and she was hesitant about Crocs. But after she got her first pair and wore them while sightseeing in St. Louis, she said "these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn in my 37 years!"

I agree about the sizing. I would never have know the proper fit if I had not checked the crocs website. Also, the sales woman was very knowledgeable and was wearing a pair of them. I normally wear a size 8 shoe which would have been Large. She said not to pay attention to the numbers, just the fit -which should be loose and with the tops, fronts and straps not touching your foot. I thought they'd never stay on my foot but she was right and I went with the extra large.

Definitely wear them before you go. Everyone's feet are different and they might not work for you. We recently bought a house so I was spending 8-10 hours a day on my feet cleaning and painting. I was wearing my running shoes the first few days and my feet would ache at the end of the day - nothing surprising considering what I was doing. However, my AC in my car had a clog and was leaking ice cold water and I didn't have time to take it to the shop for a few days. I wore my crocs so I wouldn't be wearing wet, soggy sneakers all day. I couldn't believe how my feet didn't hurt at all at the end of the day!

:thumbsup2 I have had my Crocs(Beach) for 1 1/2 months. I bought them early so I could "break them in". They are the most comfortable things I have ever worn and have hardly worn anything else since i got them. I don't like the Athens, because I don't like anything between my toes. But I got my dd9 and my dh Athens and they love them.

We bought our shoes at a mall kiosk, and the lady kept trying to tell me that I needed a size bigger because of how they fit. Well, my feet just felt like they were being swallowed up by the shoes. I went down a size and they were perfect. Moral: How it feels to you is the most important thing no matter what the salesperson says! :sunny:

:wave: My dh says to post that although he loves his Athens, when he went for a walk around our neighborhood the other night, 15 minutes into the walk, he started getting a blister on his big toe, so he has just been wearing his doing yard work and such and not for any long amounts of time....so, just a thought :)

I also have plantar fasciitis and I love my Crocs (Beach style). My podiatrist actually DID recommend them, so maybe that is a personal opinion. Anyway, I also love my Mary Jane Crocs, but not so sure I would wear them all day in the parks. The Beach seem to have a bit more support, although I can wear my Mary Janes all day shopping. Not going to WDW until next Aug., so can't test it out yet :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter