• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which stroller Peg or Combi?

Liltx

DIS Veteran
Ok, here is my next problem. We have a peg perego plinko that weighs 16 pounds but is an excellent stroller and folds pretty compactly. It did cost over $200 so I don't know if there is a theft problem with strollers. Then we purchased a Combi Savvy Soho that weighs 11 pounds, has breathable fabric and folds up to 10 inches and had a carry bag that you can hang over your shoulder. It is also only $99. No question right?

BUT the Combi is still in the box and will be returned if not really needed. Any opinions? TIA

Monica "Honey you are going to LOVE Mickey!"
Lilly 13 months "Who is this mouse and why do I care?"

Take it back!! I've bought by Pliko MANY times to WDW and never had a problem. I've also bought my Peg Pegrego Milano (when DS was small) and no problems there.

If you like your Pliko take that. Also if you think your child will be more comfortable with it. (and you since you are used to it. ) I don't really worry to much about stroller stealing at WDW, CM tend to move them, but stealing is rare.

Having said that we have a combi travel savey DX that we bought for WDW. We have taken it on 3 trips to WDW countsless other places and really like it. How small it folds up is great for the busses. Because of the way it fold the basket under it isn't much help, you have to take everything out of it before folding it up. That isn't much of a problem for us, we hang a bag of the back or side (or 2 to even things out.) However we have friends who bought the same one for their trip with us. They always used the basket and couldn't get used to how it folded up so it was actually harder for them then a "normally" folding stroller.

I would recoment trying it out 1st before you decide, but you might not be able too if you want to take it back. We keep the combi in the trunk and the big stroller in the garage now. It is much easier to use the combi for the mall, zoo ect...

I bought a Peg and it was worth it. It's the Cadillac of strollers - I found it to be superior in steering and in the wheels. Never had a problem with them.

Go for the best!princess:

We go 3 times a year and , for the last 5 years, have never heard of a stroller being stolen. We love our Pliko Trek and wouldn't want to bring anything more lightweight. You can hang things off the handles, it's hard for a child to flip, and also, you don't want to experiment with a new stroller. Let your child be comfortable and accustomed to the stroller from home. Our Pliko came with a built in rain shield and we love it- if yours doesn't have one you can buy them or carry an extra clear poncho you buy at Disney for about $6- it comes in handy!

Hi! Kind of a late response, but hey, what the heck!:D I'd have to also recommend the Peg Pliko. We have a Pliko P3 and love it. The upholstery is so plush and the seat is just more roomy than the Combi strollers. Also, you really can't beat the sun protection with the Peg. I know that our sunshade can go all the way down to the tray/napper bar which will be helpful with that hot FL sun beating down. HTH!

thank you, thank you, thank you. I've got my peg, and I was wondering the same thing about the safety strollers at WDW. I didn't want to come out of somewhere and find it gone.

With that said it is the most comfortable stroller. I am just sorry I didn't purchase one for my son when he was a baby

We have had our Pliko to WDW 3 times, and the last time we also took a Peg twin stroller (the side-by-side, I can't remember the name)... anyway, the Pliko is easy to handle on busses, etc., and I have NEVER heard of someone having a stroller stolen.

Never owned a Pliko so I can't speak for that but we do have a Combi Savvy and find it really handy, especially with the carry strap. We've owned 2 Combis so we're used to folding it up pretty quickly, and we usually have a backpack to hang on the back, rather than use the basket. If we do go out without a diaper bag, we usually throw 2 diapers and a ziploc baggy of wipes in the basket, and that does not get in the way when it folds.

If you're comfortable with your Pliko though, I'd go with that. I don't think theft is an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter