Which steak restaurant?

tedvdm

Earning My Ears
Ok. We leave for the World in 10 days. I have made ADR at three different steak restaurants. My husband has asked that we not do all three. So, help me please to decide which to cancel. We have Turf Club, Le Cellier, and Captain's Grill. I would love to have some input on which to keep and which to let go.

Thanks, Cheryl!!

I have dined at all three places.

I would drop Turf Club unless you are staying at SSR.

If you have never been to Le Cellier--you will probably want to do it once just so you will have experience dining at the most difficult to reserve restaurant. (Then you can decide if the food is worth sitting in your neighbors lap and having no conversational privacy;))

Thanks! That actually made me laugh out loud. Ok. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn, which would definitely make Turf Club the most inconvenient of the three.

Well I haven't dined at any of them :) However I too love steak and have been doing a lot of reading on here about the various steak places. Here is my 2 cents although it might not be worth quite 2 cents :lmao:

Le Cellier - definitely the hardest to get into to, but reviews are mixed. Some wonder what the hype is and don't think it is all that it is cracked up to be. Some would even say everyone wants to dine there, because it is so hard to get into. I was wanting to go there, but now given the chance I am not sure it would be my first choice. You will probably find the most reviews on this one of the 3 however.

Turf Club- is the one I decided on. I have read almost all good reviews. There aren't a lot of reviews, at least recently but the consensus seems to be it is great and possibly a hidden gem. I only have seen one negative review so far.

Captain's Grille - I haven't seen a lot but I have seen some positive.

I have also heard that Coral Reef's strip steak is pretty darn good...

We actually did look at the Coral Reef, but my dh decided that it didn't sound like somewhere he wanted to go. I feel we may be making a mistake. I have heard some great things about Coral Reef. I think my dh doesn't really want to go somewhere with a lot of seafood. He got diagnosed last year with gout and shellfish (which he loves) is a big no, no. It was quite a shocker and has put a real crimp in our dining. I absolutely love, love, love shellfish, but try to have is seldom just so that he isn't too bummed. :sad2:

Well, since you brought up Coral Reef having good steak--let me bring up another surprise. WCC. Hate the antics and don't want to eat there--but they have a great steak!

Thanks! That actually made me laugh out loud. Ok. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn, which would definitely make Turf Club the most inconvenient of the three.

Hi! Seeing your staying at the BWI, have you thought about the Yachtsmen Steakhouse at the YC? very good :thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Le Cellier by Far..we ate there 2 times a few weeks ago and LOVED it like usual..the mushroom Filet is too die for!!!!

We did the Deluxe dining last time and toured the world of steaks! :rotfl:

Honestly, the best steak on property I have had so far is Yachtsman. As that is not on your list, i'll shed a tear for you (;)) and say the best on your list in my opinion is Le Cellier. I know it is getting beat up a bit lately but truly, their filet Mignon and NY Strip is superb quality for 1TS. Plus, nothing beats all the bread and of course the cheddar soup. Yum yum, i'm drooling like a Pooh Bear dreaming of honey!

I actually did consider the Yachtsmen, but I think I decided against it because it was two credits. Although, we have considered trying to rearrange and doing one two credit dining. We are only on the regular dining plan. Is it that much better than all the others??

Our experience was on our first trip, Le Cellier was considered for us the best steak EVER. The following trip we ate at Yachtsman first. When we got around to Le Cellier, we wondered why we ever thought that was the best steak. Yachtsman topped anything we had ever experienced before. I still salivate when I think about it! :rotfl: It was a truly delishious, delictable meal worth the two credits. Le Cellier is great, but Yachtsman is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter