Which stateroom?

mtdsnylvr

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are new to cruising. We will be doing the Eastern Car./7 day and are 2 adults and 2 teenagers (1 boy and 1 girl). I'm confused about which type of stateroom to pick. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You will get as many different suggestions as there are cabins, lol...

Things to consider:

1) How important is $$ to you?
2) Do you need a window?
3) Do you want a verandah?
4) Do you want one room for all of you, or 2 connecting rooms?
5) How much time will you spend in your cabin?

Inside, lower on the ship == less money, but no outside light
Outside, mid-level the ship == middle cost
Verandah, mid-to-high on the ship == higher cost, but private space outside
Suites == priciest, but with their own advantages.

What are you looking for?

We always book a Category 9 because DH likes to have a natural light source. We do not get a verandah as we don't feel it is worth the difference in price. We aren't in our cabin that much and find there are plenty of outdoor decks where we can sit to enjoy the fresh air and ocean views.

Suites (very pricey) are cabin categories 1-3. Category 4 staterooms sleep 5 and offer a bit more room than lower categories. Category 5-10 cabins are all the same size. The 5-7s have verandahs (although your family won't be able to book a 7 as they only sleep 3), the 8-9s have portholes and the 10 is an inside cabin. Category 11-12 are also inside but are smaller than the higher level cabins. Our kids are now 12 & 15 and the size of the Category 9 cabin has been perfectly fine.

If it were me I would either book one cabin (with verandah/porthole or inside as you prefer) or, if I wanted more space I would book two cabins in a lower category. This would give us two bathrooms and extra space without the inflated price tag of the suites. You could also book a Category 6 with an 11 across the hall if you wanted to. You and your DH could take the 6 (verandah) and the kids could have the 11 (inside). It would save you money over two 6's but still give you extra space.

Basically it all comes down to what your wallet can afford. We like the 9 because it is a great value and allows us to use our money elsewhere (shore excursions, photos, shopping in the ports, etc.) Each person is different, however, so you have to decide what is important to you.

If it were me, and my kids were teenagers already, I'd also do the veranda room for me and DH and get the kids a room across the hall (inside cabin).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter