Which spa service would you do again?

Tonya2

Earning My Ears
We will be on the 7 day eastern in Dec. I want to try out the spa, but just can't decide what services to try or when would be a good time for a service. I thought about a foot massage after shopping on St. Martin. Would I be right to assume that a massage type service would be more enjoyable towards the end of the day rather than in the morning? I guess the flip of this question would be are their any spa services you would not spend your money on again? Thanks much!

DH and I did 2 spa services on our cruise, and we'd do them both again.

The first was the Spa Taster which included a back-of-the-body massage, then you roll over and get a neck and shoulder massage, scalp massage, and facial.

The second thing we did was called the "Sole Delight Foot Ritual" which was really a fancy name for a great pedicure! It was 55 minutes long and cost $55, so we thought that was a great deal. It was the best pedicure I'd ever had, very relaxing and yet refreshing for vacation-tired feet. It also includes toe-nail polish, for the women. At the end of our pedicures, when my technician asked me to pick out a color of nail polish, DH jokingly asked his technician "Don't I get to pick a color too??" LOL She got a bit flustered until I told her that DH was KIDDING. :p

Hands down the balancing CHakra, as someone who feels I dont get enough sleep, this thing was awesome! I feel, after 25 minutes, like a had a great 1 or 2 hour nap!
My DH had a haircut on our recent Wonder Cruise, and he was not aware that it included a scalp massage..........DH says WOAH! He loved it!

The seaweed wrap!!!
I have adored it for years, and now my husband is addicted too. It also includes a massage, and you feel so detoxified after its done.
Personally, I like to kick of the day with a spa treatment or have one after lunch. The evening feels too rushed because there is so much going on (shows, dinner, etc.).
Barb

Originally posted by dzneprincess
Hands down the balancing CHakra, as someone who feels I dont get enough sleep, this thing was awesome!

I second the Chakra Balancing Capsule (AKA Alpha Capsule). My mother, brother and I all did this on our 4-night cruise. Actually, my mom did it 3 days in a row. I thought it was SO relaxing, just about fell asleep - though I did find the 25 mintue treatment too short. For my cruise in January, I'm going to try the 50 minute one. I'm not a massage person, but this and a hot tub are my two favorite things for relaxing.

I like to start my day with a spa treatment. It seems like the day gets busier as it goes on (pools, movies, port call, shows) and it's a great way to start the day.

If you are looking for recommendations for which treatment to choose, I'd advise to peruse the menu and pick something that you normally would not do.

For example, I get massages, manicures and pedicures pretty often, so I choose a facial or seaweed wrap or something different. I've never done the chakra, but I considered it last time.

I also love the cabana massage on Castaway Cay and usually fit that in.

We have just booked a reservation on the 10/14/06 Magic that stops at CC twice. I guess that means TWO massages (don't let DH know I said that!!) DFF

DH and I tried the spa taster and would not do it again, simply due to the price (can get a much better value elsewhere). He tried the seaweed wrap and would not do again - they did NOT do the scalp massage as advertised, and he is slightly claustrophobic, so the whole thing was a bust for him.

I did the Chakra and would NOT do it again - I did not like the temp diff. I would just get warm enough to be comfortable, then the heat would turn off, and by the time it turned on again I was freezing. I also did the Reflexology and I WOULD do that again - it was heavenly!

Thought I'd weigh in on what I would NOT do again--the Surial Chamber. Dh and I did that and did have some nice private time, but the steam was SOOO hot we couldn't stay long and left well before our time was up.

My skin did feel very smooth and purified after though.

I wouldn't book any treatments on our next cruise. It is not worth it to me to stress about the appointments, etc and then have to schedule around it and have the hard product sell after it is over. I would do the Rainforest room pass instead.

Thanks everyone for all the differnet responses. They were all very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter