• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which sounds like the better plan?

Mrs. Max Goof

Earning My Ears
We had previously decided to spend our two park days on our upcoming trip on 6/30 (DHS) and 7/2 (MK) because we were somewhat limited by family obligations. However, those obligations are no longer, and we can now choose any days between 6/28 and 7/2 to go to MK and DHS.

Looking at easywdw's crowd calendar, on 6/28, DHS is most recommended and on 6/30, MK is highly recommended. My question is, should I stick to our original plan of 6/30 and 7/2, or switch to this new option? Or is there an even better option that I am missing?

We stay off site and have never traveled so close to July 4th. We are going into this trip with the understanding that we will be facing larger crowds, but want to do anything in our power to make it less of a pain. Our family is always there for rope drop and utilizes touring plans. I am concerned about being at MK on 7/2, assuming that the closer it gets to the 4th, the busier it'll be. However, I've never been to a park on a weekend, so going to DHS on 6/28 is worrisome.

Which is worse- going to MK the Thursday before July 4th, or going to DHS on a Sunday? What would you do?

Any help and/or tips would be so very appreciated! Thank you!

Expect it will be busy every day that week. Best guess would be to follow EasyWDW recommendation. However, also think about what you are doing the other days, what works best for your family -- what feels right to you including thoughts like, "It would be great to start/finish my vacation in this park."

That is true! I like going to Magic Kingdom as our last day in the parks, and both scenarios would allow us to do that.

In my recent trips, I have become averse to visiting HS on weekends. However, you're going during a busy summer week, so the parks are going to be crowded just about every day. I would probably stay with 6/30 and 7/2. With rope drop and FP, you'll be fine.

In my recent trips, I have become averse to visiting HS on weekends. However, you're going during a busy summer week, so the parks are going to be crowded just about every day. I would probably stay with 6/30 and 7/2. With rope drop and FP, you'll be fine.
Thanks for the insight! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter