which site type

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
We are looking at buying a new camper. What type site would be best for a Jayco Jay Flight SLX. 20 ft long camper?

A pending congrats on your new camper...be sure to post pics when you pull the trigger! We like pics aruound here :)

As for sites: any of them but the tent/pop-up sites...even those would fit you at 20 feet, but I'm assuming you'll want to use a sewer hookup. Personally, we choose the level based on location options rather than the level of site. Of course, loop requests aren't guaranteed, but honestly, there are no bad sites at the Fort! 20ft will fit just about anywhere and you won't feel jammed in at all.

As others have said, there really is no "best". We have been in all types with a 35' MH, 3 slides. Some sites are harder to back into, some are tighter side-to-side. Location is the key; do you want to be close to the waterfront and boats to the MK, or the outpost? We have never had a "bad site", however we do not reserve the preferred loops anymore and generally request the 800 loop for premiums or 1700 loop for full-hook-ups. When you check in ask the CM for an easier site to back into if that is important, also consider if you want to be close to the comfort stations or bus stops. They are great at making guests happy!

So we have decided to keep our motorhome instead of getting a new camper, going to redo some things on the inside. Can't wait for it to be done and get to the Fort!

So we have decided to keep our motorhome instead of getting a new camper, going to redo some things on the inside. Can't wait for it to be done and get to the Fort!

It's all good as long as it still involves the Fort. If you don't mind my asking, what type of motorhome are you currently using?

We have a 1986 Coachman (chevy) Crusader. Got it from my dad, has 35,000 miles on it. So far I have recovered the couch cushions and some window stuff. Needs cleaned good, making new curtains and putting new flooring in.

Labor of love, but those were (still are) great RVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter