• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Signature Restaurant?

geishagirl81

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I have to make our ADRs on Sunday. We are doing the DDP, and in my week itinerary, we have 2 extra TS credits (7 nights). I thought about doing a Signature Restaurant. My dh wants to do Yachtsman steakhouse, but I think we're doing Le Cellier on one of our Epcot days. So what do you suggest? This will be our first trip to WDW. Hoop De Doo? Yachtmans? Luau? Or are there 2 regular TS resort/DTD restaurants that are good? We will be leaving the MK for one dinner as there aren't many choices there to eat, but don't have parkhopper passes either. We will have our kids with us and we don't like seafood either. TIA. And if you don't mind, here is a list of my ADRs for the week (any comments appreciated :)

Crystal Palace
Sci Fi Drive In
Tutto Italia
Le Cellier (Coral Reef or Chefs De France are our back up options)
Chef Mickey (already booked)

i like your choices and agree if you eat at LeCellier, don't eat at Yachtsman, especially if you are going for the steak alone. In my opinion, try the Hoop De Doo Review, esp since this is your first trip. Take the boat from the Magic Kingdom and enjoy the ride. The food is good and simple. Fried chicken, BBQ ribs, homemade mashed potatoes, baked beans, & strawberry shortcake - all served family style with refills. We were seated upstairs using the dining plan and we could see the stage perfectly and across the rest of the dining room. The entertainment is pure slapstick and a lot of fun. Buses run to all resorts from the review - be prepared for a little wait.

California Grill at Contemporary - its a walk from the MK - and the views are awesome - the chefs really were great with our DD (she wanted a plain flatbread pizza!!) Well worth it for us!!

We also found we loved Yachtsman better than LeCellier!! If you love steaks, and its an epcot day - go for it!! You're on vacation - do 2 steakhouses!! They have different atmospheres, and different desserts!!

California Grill at Contemporary - its a walk from the MK - and the views are awesome - the chefs really were great with our DD (she wanted a plain flatbread pizza!!) Well worth it for us!!

We also found we loved Yachtsman better than LeCellier!! If you love steaks, and its an epcot day - go for it!! You're on vacation - do 2 steakhouses!! They have different atmospheres, and different desserts!!

we agree with you concerning the Yachtsman being better than LeCellier. It isn't as crowded and is much quieter. We are going to both restaurants during our trip in April - DH loves the steak at Yachtsman and is choosing it as his birthday dinner and DD loves the mussels at LeCellier, but she says Yachtsman has the best creme brullee.

Do you want a Signature meal or to use 2TS credits at once? HDDR and Luau are 2TS, but are not Signature dining.

Yachtsman does get very good reviews, so I'd actually book Coral Reef and YSH and skip LeCellier.

If you are fixed on LeCellier I'd book Narcoossee's as the Signature meal.

Finally, if your goal really is to use 2TS credits at once. I'd probably book CRT.

Personally, I think your kids are so young I'd save HDDR for another trip. The Luau could be canceled due to rain, so why take the chance and have to scramble with 2 really little ones?

:thumbsup2 I vote for Yachtsman steakhouse. We tried both Le Cellier and Yactsman and we just enjoyed Yachtsman more.

Another vote for Cali Grill!

It was absolutely delicious, and we booked our dinner to coincide with Wishes, so between entrees and desserts we headed out on the balcony to watch Wishes! It was magical!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter