Which should we choose? WOC or F!???

mt mommy

Mouseketeer
We have been to DLR many times as a family, but we have never seen Fantasmic or WOC!

We are going in September, but we will only be there Wednesday-Friday, so we need to choose, F! or WOC.........

I would love any input or advice!!

WE are going with our 2 kids, ages, 11 & 9....

THANKS SO MUCH!!:thumbsup2

You can see WOC Wednesday and F! on Friday (they only show F! on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in September). If I had to pick one...it would be F!.

Fantasmic! over World of Colonoscopies any day. WoC is dull and a waste of time in our experience.

As others have mentioned, you should be able to see WOC as it would normally be shown at least once a night.

If not, however, I vastly prefer WOC to F!, but opinions vary. I find F! to be a bit dull and in need of an update, while WOC seems fresh and new. I hope you are able to see both and tell us which you prefer! :thumbsup2

We have been to DLR many times as a family, but we have never seen Fantasmic or WOC!

We are going in September, but we will only be there Wednesday-Friday, so we need to choose, F! or WOC.........

I would love any input or advice!!

WE are going with our 2 kids, ages, 11 & 9....

THANKS SO MUCH!!:thumbsup2

Last September, WOC was shown every night in September.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=9&year=2011

Hopefully it will be the same this September.

If you have to choose, I would recommend Fantasmic. :thumbsup2

Although I like WOC, too.

:earsboy:
OH, THAT Is great news, I didn't realize we might be able to see both! YAY!

You can see WOC Wednesday and F! on Friday (they only show F! on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in September). If I had to pick one...it would be F!.

Great, good to know...

Fantasmic! over World of Colonoscopies any day. WoC is dull and a waste of time in our experience.

Wow, thanks for the input! I have been looking forward to F! for many years!!

As others have mentioned, you should be able to see WOC as it would normally be shown at least once a night.

If not, however, I vastly prefer WOC to F!, but opinions vary. I find F! to be a bit dull and in need of an update, while WOC seems fresh and new. I hope you are able to see both and tell us which you prefer! :thumbsup2

I will report back to let you know which one was better!!

haha...clearly they do.

WoC is very cool. F! is magical.

I love MAGICAL, thanks for the input!!:thumbsup2

WOC is my favorite. I like F! too, but WOC is amazing. Ferb & Dez is crazy ::yes::

Again, you'll be able to see both. :cool1:

I agree with PP, WoC is my favorite of the three shows (F!, WoC, and fireworks), so naturally I'd recommend WoC if you had to pick. My DGF on the other hand would strongly disagree, as her fave is F!

Here's a question, OP: would your kids identify more with classic Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Pinocchio, Snow White, Belle and Beast, Little Mermaid, etc., or with characters from more recent movies like the Pixar ones? There's a lot more of the recent stuff like Pixar characters, PotC movies, Tangled, Princess and the Frog, etc. in WoC, whereas F! is a classic show and features more classic characters (though more recent ones will appear just briefly at the end). Hope this helps you decide, should you end up not having time for both shows.

I have not seen WOC, because I have heard that it is very hard for kids to see, and to get a good spot, you have to wait for hours..

I LOVE Fantasmic. And you do have to wait for that too, but you can lay out a blanket and hang out until it starts.

I prefer F! but honestly I tear up at both and have never walked away regretting the time spent waiting for the show. You will enjoy either one - and hopefully both!

I didn't see if OP mentioned when in September, but just be aware Mickey's Halloween Party could interfere with F! if you are there the very end of the month.

Another F! fan here. We watched WOC once and decided that was enough.

The last time I saw Fantasmic! you could still reserve seats on the balcony above Pirates of the Caribbean, so I can't remember it that well. But I thought World of Color was amazing even if it had a really weak plot. Next trip I'll try both and see which one is better :)

If you have to choose I say WOC. It really is a great show, not that I don't love fantasmic!

This is a hard decision for me! WoC is so visually stimulating and it's unlike anything I've seen. It's a great half hour spent! I've seen it 3 times now and did Disney Dining each time for reserved areas, so not sure how great it is from the general areas. And F! has that Disney magic feel to it. It's one of those original greats like the ESP. And if you're looking for a recommendation, try to get a table at the River Belle Terrace as close to the Pirates entrance as possible. You may need to try to get to the table a good 60-90 mins before the show to ensure you get one. Great place to have dinner, watch the sun go down over the Rivers of America, and great view of the show IMO! Hope you enjoy both!

Fantasmic!

It's just amazing.

Best show at the Park.

- Dreams
Sounds great!! Thanks!

WOC is my favorite. I like F! too, but WOC is amazing. Ferb & Dez is crazy ::yes::

Again, you'll be able to see both. :cool1:

So exciting that I we will be able to see both~~!!!!:woohoo:

WOC is by far my favorite show over Fantasmic, and even the fireworks.

Sounds like we have to see it!:)

I agree with PP, WoC is my favorite of the three shows (F!, WoC, and fireworks), so naturally I'd recommend WoC if you had to pick. My DGF on the other hand would strongly disagree, as her fave is F!

Here's a question, OP: would your kids identify more with classic Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Pinocchio, Snow White, Belle and Beast, Little Mermaid, etc., or with characters from more recent movies like the Pixar ones? There's a lot more of the recent stuff like Pixar characters, PotC movies, Tangled, Princess and the Frog, etc. in WoC, whereas F! is a classic show and features more classic characters (though more recent ones will appear just briefly at the end). Hope this helps you decide, should you end up not having time for both shows.

Thanks for the description that really helps!! It sounds like my DH and I might like F! and my DD and DS will really like WOC! That helps us decide knowing what the "theme" is for each!! :thumbsup2

I have not seen WOC, because I have heard that it is very hard for kids to see, and to get a good spot, you have to wait for hours..

I LOVE Fantasmic. And you do have to wait for that too, but you can lay out a blanket and hang out until it starts.
YOu can lay out a blanket for F!???? I didn't know that! Thanks!

I prefer F! but honestly I tear up at both and have never walked away regretting the time spent waiting for the show. You will enjoy either one - and hopefully both!

I didn't see if OP mentioned when in September, but just be aware Mickey's Halloween Party could interfere with F! if you are there the very end of the month.

I will have to check into if the Halloween interferes. We will be there from the 18-22 of September!

Another F! fan here. We watched WOC once and decided that was enough.

Good to know thanks!:thumbsup2

I vote for WOC but am in the minority according to this poll:

Remember Dreams Come True, Fantasmic or World of Color? Which is your favorite?

I don't know if you are in the minority HydroGuy, I think it's a close tie for F! and WOC! I'm excited for the chance to maybe see both!!:)

The last time I saw Fantasmic! you could still reserve seats on the balcony above Pirates of the Caribbean, so I can't remember it that well. But I thought World of Color was amazing even if it had a really weak plot. Next trip I'll try both and see which one is better :)

Sounds good! Thanks!

Fantasmic if you have to choose. Even my mum loved it.

Fantasmic sounds amazing!!

If you have to choose I say WOC. It really is a great show, not that I don't love fantasmic!

Another vote for WOC! Thanks!!

This is a hard decision for me! WoC is so visually stimulating and it's unlike anything I've seen. It's a great half hour spent! I've seen it 3 times now and did Disney Dining each time for reserved areas, so not sure how great it is from the general areas. And F! has that Disney magic feel to it. It's one of those original greats like the ESP. And if you're looking for a recommendation, try to get a table at the River Belle Terrace as close to the Pirates entrance as possible. You may need to try to get to the table a good 60-90 mins before the show to ensure you get one. Great place to have dinner, watch the sun go down over the Rivers of America, and great view of the show IMO! Hope you enjoy both!

THat is SUCH a great TIP!! Thanks, I think we will do that!!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter