• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Sci Fi reservation to keep?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I have two Sci Fi reservations I’m wanting to cancel one. One is 3:20 and one 7:15. I can’t decide which one to cancel.
I know wait times will probably be lower in the evening. We will probably have genie + so will I need to worry about wait times? We enjoy the parks lite at night though. The park closes at 9:00 that night.
Which would you keep?
I will be posting this cancelled reservation on the November cancel thread if someone needs it.

Those are rough times. No one wants to eat at 3, but eating at 715 means you won't be done until after 8, which would "eat" into your lower ride wait times. I'd probably keep the 3 res and grab a snack as you're riding the rides

I would keep the 3:20. It will be a nice break in the heat of the afternoon. That way you're free to enjoy the park at night. You could also keep trying for sometime in the middle of the 2 ADRs.

What is closer to your normal dinner time? Keep that one. Personally, I wouldn't keep either.
We usually are hungry at both those times lol. Sometimes we eat dinner early around 4:00-4:30 because that’s the time everyone arrives at home and are hungry. If on a weekend we eat later.

Where are you staying? From those 2 reservations I would keep the 3:20pm. We have done Ohana at 3:30 pm for dinner and then headed to MK and had another light dinner/snack after that and were still full. The last hour is the time you want to line up for rides and crowds die down as well. On the other hand, HS was so crowded, we cancelled Oga's at 7:30 pm and just headed back to the resort for a pool break and never came back, so keeping the evening free if you have young kids is also good. Sci-fi has always taken us an hour and half (same as buffets) as the service and checkin was always slow.

We actually gave up Sci-fi for ABC Commissary because their curried shrimp (on our HS1 day) was really good. We take a mid day break. The food at Landscape of Flavors now has chili in a bread bowl, shrimp & grits, turkey dinner etc. Sebastians Bistro has good reviews if you're on the skyliner and need a late dinner.

Where are you staying? From those 2 reservations I would keep the 3:20pm. We have done Ohana at 3:30 pm for dinner and then headed to MK and had another light dinner/snack after that and were still full. The last hour is the time you want to line up for rides and crowds die down as well. On the other hand, HS was so crowded, we cancelled Oga's at 7:30 pm and just headed back to the resort for a pool break and never came back, so keeping the evening free if you have young kids is also good. Sci-fi has always taken us an hour and half (same as buffets) as the service and checkin was always slow.

We actually gave up Sci-fi for ABC Commissary because their curried shrimp (on our HS1 day) was really good. We take a mid day break. The food at Landscape of Flavors now has chili in a bread bowl, shrimp & grits, turkey dinner etc. Sebastians Bistro has good reviews if you're on the skyliner and need a late dinner.
We are staying at Caribbean Beach. We are adults so no worry about little ones getting tired. I did want to eat at Sebastian until they started the Prefix menu.

We usually are hungry at both those times lol. Sometimes we eat dinner early around 4:00-4:30 because that’s the time everyone arrives at home and are hungry. If on a weekend we eat later.
Then I'd eat a big breakfast, skip "lunch" or get something super light, and go all out at 3:20 :laughing:

Then I'd eat a big breakfast, skip "lunch" or get something super light, and go all out at 3:20 :laughing:
We do have Oga’s at 12:30 so maybe that will keep us til 3:20 lol. I was trying to change that time but nothing available . I think I will set up an alert to change Oga’s.

We do have Oga’s at 12:30 so maybe that will keep us til 3:20 lol. I was trying to change that time but nothing available . I think I will set up an alert to change Oga’s.
I like the idea of Oga's at 1230 for you. Like @MamaMermaid said, if you eat a big breakfast and a lite snack at a normal lunch time, you should be good until the SciFi at 330. Oga's has a couple great snacks, the Batuu Bits and their provisions, Oga's obsession which is a jello type food, but really good. They also have a charcuterie board, I haven't tried that yet though. Plus lots of fun drink options. Of course, this would work perfect closer to 8 if you were planning on finishing the night in Galaxy's Edge as well. But this would also nullify the reason for choosing the early SciFi reservation ☺️

Wish I could get just one .... :sad2:

Keep the mid-afternoon one and make it a combo lunch/dinner heavier meal. I'd rather have the evening hours open.

If you need it on November 30 I have one I’m going to cancel.

Thank you so much! but we are going next week. It's my DS favorite restaurant and we haven't been since 2019. I've tried a million times but I guess the capacity is still an issue there. We'll be going back in January so maybe then.

Thank you again. ENJOY!

Thank you so much! but we are going next week. It's my DS favorite restaurant and we haven't been since 2019. I've tried a million times but I guess the capacity is still an issue there. We'll be going back in January so maybe then.

Thank you again. ENJOY!
Make sure you check a few days before you leave up until the day of. People cancel at the last minute. I hope you can get one. It has been our family tradition for years to eat at Sci Fi.

Make sure you check a few days before you leave up until the day of. People cancel at the last minute. I hope you can get one. It has been our family tradition for years to eat at Sci Fi.

Same here, I take him every trip. He is disabled, will never drive so he gets a kick out of sitting in the front seat of the car. I will keep trying. I thought about the waitlist but if that means the picnic tables at the back he would be upset. I might stop in and ask in the morning.

Thank you again. ENJOY!
Also try for the stand by wait list. If you are staying onsite, you might be able to join as soon as you wake up, otherwise get on as soon as you get there and you should be able to get in by early afternoon.

I'd keep the 7:15pm one but that's because its around the time I'd prefer to eat dinner.

But sounds like you'd rather keep the earlier one based on your post....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter