Which Rooms are excluded in the deals??

mousefan215

Mouseketeer
Can you guys tell me which rooms/resorts are almost always EXCLUDED from Room Only discounts, Free dining and any other of the package deals? TIA

Though not always, the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA seems to be excluded a lot; as well as Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter. Tends to be the rooms that are sold quickly without a discount.

~Cari~ pluto:

Can you guys tell me which rooms/resorts are almost always EXCLUDED from Room Only discounts, Free dining and any other of the package deals? TIA

Considering the amount of resorts + the number of room categories at each resort + a changing discount system that has not been following what Disney has done historically, that's an impossible question to answer. Your best bet for planning is to be flexible until the discounts are released if a discount is imperative to your travel plans, and to educate yourself on what's been offered historically and the best ways to travel cheaper if your desired resort/category isn't available (e.g., travel website discounts, discounts with travel agencies, or renting points if doing a DVC villa...) There is always a discount to be had at Disney for some sort of room--just not necessarily exactly what you want.

Though not always, the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA seems to be excluded a lot; as well as Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter. Tends to be the rooms that are sold quickly without a discount.

~Cari~ pluto:
thank you! yes it seems LM is always excluded! Im interested in trying POR Royal Rooms but seems that maybe those are usually excluded too?

Considering the amount of resorts + the number of room categories at each resort + a changing discount system that has not been following what Disney has done historically, that's an impossible question to answer. Your best bet for planning is to be flexible until the discounts are released if a discount is imperative to your travel plans, and to educate yourself on what's been offered historically and the best ways to travel cheaper if your desired resort/category isn't available (e.g., travel website discounts, discounts with travel agencies, or renting points if doing a DVC villa...) There is always a discount to be had at Disney for some sort of room--just not necessarily exactly what you want.

thank you.. we arent very flexible with our dates once my husband schedules his vacation days, but we are flexible with which resort we stay at. We wanted to try POR Royal rooms for our little princess that will be 2 and her first visit, but I cant justify staying there without at least a room only discount, that's why I was trying to get a "history" of whether or not they had ever been included in any type of discount.

The Suites? Yes. LM rooms? Never, pretty much.
The suites are better IMO than the little mermaid rooms, but they are still a lot more expensive than others. I find it hard to justify paying $350 a night for those suites when I could pay $400 for deluxe... you know? But it's all about what fits your style. ;)

Our first trip with DS was at all-star music when he was 4. And it was PERFECT. We were able to go for cheap (with a discount too) and still able to fully immerse in the disney magic. Of course, now we're ready to get back to experimenting with new resorts, but I'm so glad we were able to go cheap and get our first disney trip as a whole family. Have fun with DD2! :)

~Cari~ pluto:

The suites are better IMO than the little mermaid rooms, but they are still a lot more expensive than others. I find it hard to justify paying $350 a night for those suites when I could pay $400 for deluxe... you know? But it's all about what fits your style. ;)

Our first trip with DS was at all-star music when he was 4. And it was PERFECT. We were able to go for cheap (with a discount too) and still able to fully immerse in the disney magic. Of course, now we're ready to get back to experimenting with new resorts, but I'm so glad we were able to go cheap and get our first disney trip as a whole family. Have fun with DD2! :)

~Cari~ pluto:
Well, the different on suites vs. the $400 deluxe is that you sleep more people. Most deluxe in that bracket sleep 4/5 over 3. A suite gets you 6, if I am not mistaken. Still more expensive than 2 All-Star rooms, but given the non-guarantee of having two rooms connect or be anywhere near each other, also relevant for many who need to sleep 6.

Well, the different on suites vs. the $400 deluxe is that you sleep more people. Most deluxe in that bracket sleep 4/5 over 3. A suite gets you 6, if I am not mistaken. Still more expensive than 2 All-Star rooms, but given the non-guarantee of having two rooms connect or be anywhere near each other, also relevant for many who need to sleep 6.
So true. And I think they are super adorable. But for my family of 3, I would rather stay in a deluxe. That's just what works for us, but for other families it is probably a great choice. Like I said, it's all about what works for you and your preferences.

~Cari~ pluto:

So true. And I think they are super adorable. But for my family of 3, I would rather stay in a deluxe. That's just what works for us, but for other families it is probably a great choice. Like I said, it's all about what works for you and your preferences.

~Cari~ pluto:
I agree! For our family of 3, I would rather stay deluxe instead of the suites... But if my mother comes with us, the suites would be nice for that extra bathroom and separate sleeping quarters ... I guess I'll just have to wait and see what kind of deals Disney will throw at us for 2016!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter