Which room at the Poly would you request from these two?

Which room request would you choose?

• Rarotonga 1st or 3rd floor pool side

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Figi 3rd floor marina side

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We will be making reservations soon and we wanted to add a room request. We have boiled it down to these two. We were going to request Samoa but it seems to be so popular I thought we might try a different building. We still may request Samoa and add one of these for a second choice?
Which of these two buildings do you think would be the best choice.
Figi 3rd floor marina side or
Rarotonga 3rd or 1st floor pool side ?

We will be making reservations soon and we wanted to add a room request. We have boiled it down to these two. We were going to request Samoa but it seems to be so popular I thought we might try a different building. We still may request Samoa and add one of these for a second choice?
Which of these two buildings do you think would be the best choice.
Figi 3rd floor marina side or
Rarotonga 3rd or 1st floor pool side ?

We've only stayed in Samoa, but I voted for Figi. I have seen pics of some great room views from Figi and it seems like such a peaceful location :cloud9:.

Here are the pics from my trip 3 years ago. I was placed in Fiji 3rd floor Marina view:

Looking to the left

Looking to the right.

The view at sunrise

the view at sunrise

I think the pictures say it all.

Here are the pics from my trip 3 years ago. I was placed in Fiji 3rd floor Marina view:

Looking to the left

Looking to the right.

The view at sunrise

the view at sunrise

Wow those are beautiful ! Thanks for posting them :) So did it seem like a long walk to the pool? It doesnt look far from there.

I would prefer the marina view because it would be quieter. I don't want everyone enjoying the pool right outside my room.

Wow those are beautiful ! Thanks for posting them :) So did it seem like a long walk to the pool? It doesnt look far from there.

Last trip, we were in Tuvalu, which is farther than Fiji from the pool, and I didn't think it was a long walk at all. From Fiji at a leisurely pace, the pool can't be more than 3 minutes, if that.

I'd vote for Fiji just because I like the marina view versus a pool view. What are your preferences?

I thought Fiji was a little far from the pool areas because you kind of have to walk around to get there. Rarotonga is a great location if you want to be closer to the pools. Fiji marina side is also a very popular request.

I thought Fiji was a little far from the pool areas because you kind of have to walk around to get there. Rarotonga is a great location if you want to be closer to the pools. Fiji marina side is also a very popular request.
Ok thanks for the info.

Last trip, we were in Tuvalu, which is farther than Fiji from the pool, and I didn't think it was a long walk at all. From Fiji at a leisurely pace, the pool can't be more than 3 minutes, if that.

I'd vote for Fiji just because I like the marina view versus a pool view. What are your preferences?
I like either pool view or marina view. After seeing the pictures of the marina view I'm starting to favor it over pool view.

Looking to the left

Looking to the right.

The view at sunrise

the view at sunrise

Do you remember your room number? Not that I'm going to request a certain room number but thought I could look it up on the touring plans room finder.

We had Fiji, 1st floor, marina view. We requested 3rd floor but I was very happy with 1st floor. It was an excellent location. We right next to the entrance to the building so literally a 60 second walk to the pool or GCH. The view is amazing. We could see the pool from our patio which was nice when it closed for lightening. We would just peek out the window until they opened.

We stayed on the 2nd floor Fiji on the opposite side of the marina and loved it last year. It was very quiet and we had views of the beach, and nothing seemed like a long walk except to the buses. I'm sure lengths of walks are in the eye of the beholder, but the walk to the pool was not long at all to me, especially when using back gate by the new kid water area. We chose the 2nd floor bc we didn't want to risk the kids getting out on porch or patio. Little did we know the doors still open on 2nd floor, but with no where to go it was at least a deterrent. The Poly is a beautiful resort and it doesn't seem like you could go wrong with any room IMO

Do you remember your room number? Not that I'm going to request a certain room number but thought I could look it up on the touring plans room finder.
Sorry it's been too long. I will try to check pics tomorrow maybe can find it for you

My DD just returned and was placed in Aotearoa, 3rd floor balcony. She said it was a hidden gem. The were facing the monorail which made next to no noise, was a short walk to the quiet pool, and had their own little beach in front. They watched Wishes from what was basically their own beach. SHe said that so fat it has been their favorite longhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter