• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which rides......

FPL

Mouseketeer
are really scary and have an inverted bit to them??!!!??:scared1::scared1:

I like some rollercoaster rides but I don't like them when they go upside down! Space Mountain and Big thunder mountain at WDW were fine but Expedition everest was too scary!!!

I'm guessing Space mountain and BT Mountain are similar at DLRP?? or are there any hidden scaries??

What about indiana jones? ToT and R&RC are scary too!!!

thanks!

Space mountain is nothing like wdw and DOES have inversions in it, as does Indiana Jones and RnR Coaster :)

:goodvibes

As above, Space Mountain, Indy and Rock 'n' Roller coaster are going to be definite no's for you as you don't like inversions :upsidedow.

Also - Crush's may not be to your liking as you mention you didn't like Expedition Everest, which doesn't go upside down.

Crush's doesn't go upside down, but it's dark, it spins, it's quite fast (or at least it feels it in the dark) and it's generally very disorientating
(dark + spinning = :confused3)

Hmmmpphh - quite disappointed now! was really looking forward to Space Mountain.......

are really scary and have an inverted bit to them??!!!??:scared1::scared1:

I like some rollercoaster rides but I don't like them when they go upside down! Space Mountain and Big thunder mountain at WDW were fine but Expedition everest was too scary!!!

I'm guessing Space mountain and BT Mountain are similar at DLRP?? or are there any hidden scaries??

What about indiana jones? ToT and R&RC are scary too!!!

thanks!

If it helps I've got full length "on the ride" videos of DLPs Big Thunder, Tower of Terror and Indianna Jones on my site. The Indy video is filmed from the front seats :woohoo:

Have a look at the Disney Video page.

I don't have full length videos of Space Mountain Mission 2 or Rock and Roller Coaster but they are both included in my DLP August 2008 montage video along with a whole load of other rides too.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Thank you Patrick, those videos were brilliant! I actually had dismissed Indiana Jones because it had an inversion but actually that didn't look too bad!!!

ToT still frightens the life out of me tho!

thanks!

p.s. what does everyone do with cameras to keep them safe? We went on Space Mountain at WDW and it was just in my over the shoulder bag and it never worked the same again! We have a posh new one now and I don't want to wreck it! any suggestions??...

Thank you Patrick, those videos were brilliant! I actually had dismissed Indiana Jones because it had an inversion but actually that didn't look too bad!!!

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed them and that they gave you a better idea as to what to expect :goodvibes

p.s. what does everyone do with cameras to keep them safe? We went on Space Mountain at WDW and it was just in my over the shoulder bag and it never worked the same again! We have a posh new one now and I don't want to wreck it! any suggestions??...

I hold mine in my hand... then I switch it on... point it forward... press record... the CM starts the ride and oooooooooooooffffffffffffff we gooooooooooooooooooooo! :lmao:

What's that? Huh? What do you mean by that's not what you meant?! :confused3

Patrick

Not quite what I meant!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

No chance i'll be taking my hands off the bars! :scared1::scared1:

As above, Space Mountain, Indy and Rock 'n' Roller coaster are going to be definite no's for you as you don't like inversions :upsidedow.

Also - Crush's may not be to your liking as you mention you didn't like Expedition Everest, which doesn't go upside down.

Crush's doesn't go upside down, but it's dark, it spins, it's quite fast (or at least it feels it in the dark) and it's generally very disorientating
(dark + spinning = :confused3)

I found that, infact it made me feel sick. i think it was because i was sat on the back which means you face the opposite way the cart runs. Kids loved it though.

Not quite what I meant!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

No chance i'll be taking my hands off the bars! :scared1::scared1:

Well, you did ask! :goodvibes

Seriously though, when I'm not using them I stash my cameras (video and digicam) in a Samsonite DVF90 bag that has a shoulder strap. Even though it seems quite big (it needs to be to fit in both my Sony HDR-SR12 camcorder and my Canon S3 IS digicam, spare batteries for both, spare SD cards for the Canon, wide angle lens for camcorder, travel tripod, a carton of juice for whichever kid I'm with, pack of wipes and my wallet) it's the only bag that I take around the parks with me and it's fine taking it on the rides. I've never been on a ride (either in WDW or DLP) when it's not fit when seated. In the Universal parks they're a bit more strict and there are some rides that you're not allowed to take any bags on.

It keeps all my gear very well protected from knocks, drops, bumps and water whether it's a wet ride or a downpour of rain.

The bag has got loads of space, compartments and pockets.

Thoroughly recommend Samsonite bags. Always used them... always will.

Patrick

Well, you did ask! :goodvibes

Seriously though, when I'm not using them I stash my cameras (video and digicam) in a Samsonite DVF90 bag that has a shoulder strap. Even though it seems quite big (it needs to be to fit in both my Sony HDR-SR12 camcorder and my Canon S3 IS digicam, spare batteries for both, spare SD cards for the Canon, wide angle lens for camcorder, travel tripod, a carton of juice for whichever kid I'm with, pack of wipes and my wallet) it's the only bag that I take around the parks with me and it's fine taking it on the rides. I've never been on a ride (either in WDW or DLP) when it's not fit when seated. In the Universal parks they're a bit more strict and there are some rides that you're not allowed to take any bags on.

It keeps all my gear very well protected from knocks, drops, bumps and water whether it's a wet ride or a downpour of rain.

The bag has got loads of space, compartments and pockets.

Thoroughly recommend Samsonite bags. Always used them... always will.

Patrick

it sounds like you're well organized. i might get one for my next trip. i usually just use a standard backpack, but this truly is a good idea.

it sounds like you're well organized. i might get one for my next trip. i usually just use a standard backpack, but this truly is a good idea.

I forgot to add that the great thing with the DVF90 case is that because it has a shoulder strap you can hang the bag over your shoulder and let the bag level with your left or right hip when you're wandering round the parks. With the case hanging here and with top lid undone you've got instant access to your cameras when you need them or for anything else in the bag for that matter.

I also wanted to add that I know the case seems quite big it's not really. It's a really manageable size. The fact that I can wear the bag on a ride (with the strap over my shoulder) says it all. Although I do sometimes end up sandwiching the bag between my knees on the rides that have a pull down harness (i.e. Space Mountain Mission 2, Rock and Roller Coaster and Indianna Jones).

The best bit for me though is that this is the only bag I need take in a park with me and it's got everything I need for the whole day.

Patrick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter