Which rides would you say are not jerky at all?

Based on your mom's displeasure with Pirates, I would vote no on HM and no on Toy Story too.

My dad had surgery on his eyes 2 months prior to our trip. He avoided all rides that had jerky movements or were dark out of concern of a tear to his cornea or surgery spot, and a dislike of dark rides that he counldn't adjust to and see where a turn or movement in the rides may be coming up. He rode Peter Pan, and did not like the first few drops, as to him, they were "jerky". I think the key is that when someone has surgery, their version of jerky is different than mine: I thought the rides were totally smooth.

just an extra perspective.

While most of IASW is smooth sailing ( :goodvibes), it can be jerky if it is busy and the boats back up at the end of the ride. You will run into the boat ahead of you -causing a jerk - and then the boat behind you will hit causing another jerk. As your Mom is sensitive, I would watch for a few minutes to make sure before I got on the ride.

While most of IASW is smooth sailing ( :goodvibes), it can be jerky if it is busy and the boats back up at the end of the ride. You will run into the boat ahead of you -causing a jerk - and then the boat behind you will hit causing another jerk. As your Mom is sensitive, I would watch for a few minutes to make sure before I got on the ride.

Thanks. This is her favorite ride, so I hope that doesn't happen. Do you think it's more likely if it's busy or not busy?

I seem to remember our IASW boat getting bummed in the end of August, and the ride wasn't very busy at all. I do think that it is mild enough that if she sat forward and was braced for it that she'd barely even notice it though.

I agree that there are so many different things to do that she should be able to have a great time without a ton of rides. My parents LOVE listening to the piano player outside of Casey's Corner, and watching the barbershop quartet. There are also a ton of adorable little shops in New Orleans Square that I never take the time to mosey through.

I think that she will really love the new Little Mermaid ride. It's super smooth and just really enjoyable.

I hope that she has a wonderful trip!

I just realized that IASW will be closed while we are there for the installation of the holiday overlay.

I just realized that IASW will be closed while we are there for the installation of the holiday overlay.

Honestly I think that might be for the best. I've been on it, like raft islander, when it's stopped by bumping boats or being bumped many times. And while you can prepare yourself if you see that you'll bump a boat ahead, you can't prepare for if your bumped from behind.

I'd go on soarin well before small world, and I LOVE small world, if jerky movements needed to be avoided.

Hopefully since your mom is feeling so much better she will enjoy the whole DLR experience more than she did before. It's hard to enjoy something when you just don't feel good.

I agree with the PP's about the other experiences that make DLR so fun. My parents had a great time watching the parades, eating ice cream for lunch and seeing all of the little fun details around.

I would also caution about riding IASW. I've been on it when it was really slow at the parks and still go bumped at the end. It's not a small hit, either. :eek: I would maybe have someone else ride it first to see how it goes, then reassess.

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter