• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides can fit 3 people?

kshilt

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at WDW in a few weeks but I am arriving a few days early with DD 3 and DS 7. DH will arrive later. I am planning on visiting DHS and Epcot before DH arrives and I'm trying to determine which rides all three of us can go on. My kids are thin as rails but I wasn't sure if we would be restricted from some rides and I don't want to wait in a long line only to find out we can't all ride together. I thought visiting DHS would be good since there are so many shows that we can see. Can we go on Toy Story together? We have done the Nemo ride in Epcot together before, can't do Soarin as I don't think my DD will be tall enough and I couldn't remember if we could squeeze together in Spaceship Earth. I know there are lots of rides at MK but wanted to save that one for DH as this will be his first trip. Any thoughts? TIA

you shouldn't have a hard time fitting 3 of you on many rides, Spaceship earth I think the seat is pretty wide, and it is a 2 row car, I think the back seat is wider. If I remember right I think you can fit 3 adults in one of the rows, but I don't think there will be a problem especially with 2 little ones.

In Epcot
Spaceship Earth- While I don't think you will all be able to sit in one row (each seat has their own speaker system- but talk to the cast member) each "car" has two rows. So if your 7 year old sits in the front row and you sit with your 3 year old in the back you will still be able to monitor both children.

The Nemo Ride at the Living Seas- one clam shell will fit the three of you no problem.

Living with the Land- I think that four adults can sit in one row in the boat so this one will be no problem.

The Universe of Energy Ride- The rows are very long so you will all be together. Just beware that there are realistic dinosaurs that could scare young children.

The ride in the Mexican pavilion will fit your family comfortably and the kids will have fun searching for Donald.

Malstrom in Norway will fit you all but can be scary for young ones.

At DHS
The Great Movie Ride will fit but once again some of the scenes are intense for little riders.

TSM- I think that each ride only has two controlers but they MAY allow you to have an extra young one.

But as you say there are so many shows at DHS there should be plenty for the three of you to do.

Have Fun!

You could all go on Ellen's Energy Adventure, Finding Nemo ride (like you said), Living with the Land (but I am not sure if this is open after its refurbishment), Test Track, (all at Epcot), Tower of Terror, The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Little Mermaid show, and the Backlot Tour.

Toy story only allowed us to have 2 people in each car (but I am disabled, so maybe it is different in the regular cars?).

Have fun!!!

You could all go on Ellen's Energy Adventure, Finding Nemo ride (like you said), Living with the Land (but I am not sure if this is open after its refurbishment), Test Track, (all at Epcot), Tower of Terror, The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Little Mermaid ride (about the same size shells as the Little Nemo ride), and the Backlot Tour.

Toy story only allowed us to have 2 people in each car (but I am disabled, so maybe it is different in the regular cars?).

Have fun!!!

Little Mermaid Ride? Where is that at I don't think I've ever seen it and I go every other week:scared1:

Little Mermaid Ride? Where is that at I don't think I've ever seen it and I go every other week:scared1:

There isn't one yet. There is a LM attraction planned for the new FL. Do we have a time traveller on our hands here?

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like we will have plenty to keep us busy!

:dance3: We are a family of five. So, we've had to work out a 3/2 system on some rides. Even though DS9 is getting older and sometimes likes to ride alone on rides like The Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

Here's the ones I remember having myself, DD7 and DS4 all in the same car/row ...

Epcot
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Spaceship Earth
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Test Track
Maelstrom (Norway Pavilion)
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Cabelleros (Mexico Pavilion)

Also, don't miss doing the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. My kids loved it! :thumbsup2

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Star Tours
Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3-D
Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!
Studios Backlot Tour
Toy Story Miday Mania!
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Great Movie Ride

Make sure to allow sometime in your schedule for your kids to unwind in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure. It is a play area they will enjoy. Warning: You may have to drag them away! :rotfl: (same with The Boneyard at Disney's Animal Kingdom. My children love it in there too. It's "a must" every trip for them. :thumbsup2 Me, I'd rather ride Expedition Everest or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster over and over again. The things you do for your children. :rolleyes1 )

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

:goodvibes Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter