• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides are best for a 1yr old?

ory

Earning My Ears
Which rides are best for an almost one year old baby? I know that several of the rides have a height requirement. Does that mean that if there is no minimum height that a baby could go on it? :confused:

If there is no height requirement...you can take a child of any size on it. Most 1 year olds just will not be into the rides and attractions yet. You can just hold your baby on the ride. If he or she likes it, then that is great...but don't feel disappointed if your baby is ho-hum about the experience.

I would recommend Pooh, It's a Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Nemo, and similar. They have a lot of visual stimulation that my son loved at that age.

Other than those, any ride they are eligible for height-wise should be appropriate.

The bonus of that age too is that you can sneak in a ride on Pirates or the Haunted Mansion because they really don't have any context for understanding the scary nature of them.

Which rides are best for an almost one year old baby? I know that several of the rides have a height requirement. Does that mean that if there is no minimum height that a baby could go on it? :confused:
Really, there are only about 12 rides in all of WDW that height requirement. Your one year old can pretty much ride everything else in all of the parks.

I would say the best rides are the ones that your little one won't cry on. My daughter was 18 mos and screamed all through Pooh but loved Peter Pan (which was in the dark). Every child is different. But one ride for certain all kids seem to love is It's a Small World.
Have Fun!

DS went when he was 13 months old. He went on most things. We went mostly for DD who was 3, so we didn't go on a lot of thrill rides. I would say his favorite rides were It's a Small World and Cinderella's Carousel. His favorite character was definitely Pooh! He loved Pooh at both Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare!!

My DS did almost everything. He was 13 months at the time of the trip.

MK-
All of fantasy land

Adventure land-
Tikis
Magic Carpets
Jungle Cruise
Pirates

Frontierland-
Country Bears (while the others went on Splash and Big Thunder)

Liberty-
Haunted Mansion

Mickeys Toon Town
The Houses
The playground

Tomorrowland-
Buzz
Monsters Inc
Carousel of Progress
TTA

Epcot-
Mexico Ride
Norway Ride
Nemo Ride
Universe of Energy
Imagination with Figment
Space Ship Earth
And he loved Illuminations

DHS-
Toy Story Mania
Backlot Tours
Indiana Jones
Nemo Musical
Muppets
Lights Motors Action
Movie Ride
Playhouse Disney

Animal Kingdom-
Pretty much everything except Everest, Dinosaur and Kilimajaro.

DS had a great time and had plenty to do. We planned to do some of the bigger rides when he was napping, and that worked out fine for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter