Which ride would make a good room theme

disneyderns

Mouseketeer
It's been a while since I've been on the WDW side of the boards as we just had a trip to DLR in SoCal that I'd been planning. (it was awesome btw). I just heard some rumors that Disney may be in the very early planning stages of rethemeing some resort rooms to The Haunted Mansion and the Princesses. (similar to the Pirates rooms at CBR) So my question that I thought would be fun...

Which attraction or land would you love to see turned into a resort room theme?

Me, I'd love to see Fantasyland themed rooms based on a variety of the rides in Fantasyland.

What do you think?

I do like the idea of the themed rooms - as I have heard the new animation suites rooms will be themed Little Mermaid, Nemo, Cars, and Lion King. Now I have only a boy and he loves Nemo and Cars so we would be thrilled to stay in either - but I feel sorry for families with one boy and one girl - the boy will want the Cars room and the girl The Little Mermaid - which one do you make happy? LOL.

I like the idea of Haunted Mansion themed rooms but probably wouldnt stay in one until our son is older.

I really love the idea of rooms themed to rides! I am sure the princess theme will be very popular. We don't have kids but love Disney -- my picks would be Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan. (I would say Kilimanjaro Safaris but I think AKL is already close enough!)

My fave ride at WDW is Tower of Terror. If Disney could find a way to recreate the Hollywood Tower Hotel, or at least a room there -- I would definitely stay there!

I do like the idea of the themed rooms - as I have heard the new animation suites rooms will be themed Little Mermaid, Nemo, Cars, and Lion King. Now I have only a boy and he loves Nemo and Cars so we would be thrilled to stay in either - but I feel sorry for families with one boy and one girl - the boy will want the Cars room and the girl The Little Mermaid - which one do you make happy? LOL.

IF we go back in 2012/2013 I will over-ride my kids and choose either Nemo or the Lion King. That way I don't get one gloating over the other, and they'll both enjoy the theming. ;)

I saw the concept pics on another site a few weeks ago and the Haunted Mansion rooms (rumored to be coming to POFQ) looked pretty awesome! The beds were shaped like Doombuggies, and the walls had ornate light fixtures shaped like hands holding torches and a sliding bookcase to enter the bathroom area... very cool.

Since I love Peter Pan's Flight, it would be cool to see something themed like the bedroom in Peter Pan.

Funny when I saw the title I first thought Haunted Mansion. Also splash mtn and Toy Story (why is the ride name not popping in my head?). Peter pan would be pretty cool too.

Haunted Mansion (POFQ), Mr. Toad's Wild Ride POR Alligator Boyou), Lilo and Stitch (Poly), Peter Pan's Flight (POR Mansion) and theme the values to match the icons on the room.

Splash mountain but DD would love pooh and the hundred acre wood or tinkerbell and pixie hollow. But not in the values. I would love to see a deluxe and the details they might put into it there. Maybe different sections or the resort could have different themes with it all comming together in the lobby. As my DD would say: Now that would be cool.

My wife and I have already agreed that we would book a haunted mansion room, even if they don't offer a queen or king. If it is anything like the concept art, the room will be amazing. Also, we didn't know what resort they would be constructed at, but we guessed port orleans!

Where can I see the concept art? I would love to stay in the Haunted Mansion rooms. I always liked the looks of Port Orleans to begin with, so this looks like a definite future stay!

As for possible ride-themed rooms, Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror would be my top picks... and maybe something "futuristic" with a Space Mountain theme? And even though Dinosaur scares the pants off me, a Dino room would be interesting.

I've always wanted a World Showcase themed hotel, with buildings/rooms based on the different nations. It would never happen, but hey, I can dream...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter