Which ride at DCA gets you sick?

Minybear

BCV/VGC Owner
I get motion sickness and I need to know if I need to take any moiton sickness mediclation with me for any of these rides.

images.cgi

Soaring over California is a definete one for motion sickness. I would take medication for this one.

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

Thanks. I had a feeling for that ride I would have to take medicztion for or I just take medication for the whole day (hopefully the medication will not put me out).

Minybear, Bonine (the brand name for meclizine) is an over-the-counter motion sickness prevention medicine that works VERY well and does not cause drowsiness. I personally think the motion on Soarin' is VERY mild, but if you have any concerns about motion sickness take one Bonine in the morning (an hour before riding anything) and it will last you all day. Enjoy! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Well, my brother got a little queezy on California Screamin', I did just fine. I got a little queezy on Orange Stinger.

Neither my brother nor I had problems with California Soarin'.

I was too chicken at the time to go on the Maliboomer.

Some people can get drowsy on Meclizine. It is an anti-histamine like Benadryl. If Benadryl or Diphenhydramine makes your drowsy, then there is a chance that Meclizine may as well.

Past
DL multiple times
WDW offsite '92, Grosvenor '96, AS-Mu '98,
Disneyana Convention AS-Mu '00

Future
Disneyana Conv 2001 at GC
DIS Convention 2001 at Y&B
OKW and BWV New Years 2002

After reading other posts we tried Ginger pills, (or Ginger root) on our last trip to Disneyworld and it worked great. It calms the stomach and does not make you drowsy. I get slightly woozy and my girlfriend gets sick on some of the intense rides but the pills worked fine! And unlike the Dramamine she was on before, it didn't make her tired and drag her down all day!

Thanks everyone. When we were at WDW i got sick on Tower of Terror and would you believe I had the medication in my purse. I forgot to take the medication. Stupid me. Now I have learned. Ginger root sounds good. I do not want to be drowsey.

One thing we noticed is that the motion is more pronounced on the sides. If you sit in the center section (top row, middle row or bottom row center), the motion isn't as bad.

Mecclizine/Antivert does cause drowsiness. I take half of one.

I love the Maliboomer. It does cause the stomach to drop a la Tower of Terror, however.

California Screamin made my husband queasy at the very end with the three "hills."

Best of luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter