Which Restaurants would you choose?

AshleeH

DIS Veteran
I know this question depends on a lot of factors, but we're fairly easy to please. We've tried the vast majority of character meals and we'll be repeating a lot of them. I'm slowly planning my ADR's for our next trip and wondered which ones I might be missing out on. I like to try two or three new restaurants on each trip. Should we try either of the two character meals we haven't been to yet? And what TS restaurants am I crazy to miss out on (we have only been to a small fraction).

The only character meals we have NOT been to are:

Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

The only TS non-character meals we HAVE been to:

Cape May Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine In
Jiko
Kona
Trails End
Via Napoli

Last edited:
I know this question depends on a lot of factors, but we're fairly easy to please. We've tried the vast majority of character meals and we'll be repeating a lot of them. I'm slowly planning my ADR's for our next trip and wondered which ones I might be missing out on. I like to try two or three new restaurants on each trip. Should we try either of the two character meals we haven't been to yet? And what TS restaurants am I crazy to miss out on (we have only been to a small fraction).

The only character meals we have NOT been to are:

Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

The only TS non-character meals we HAVE been to:

Cape May Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine In
Jiko
Kona
Trails End

We really like Hoop Dee Doo.

Via Napoli is a must do for us.

I'm looking up these suggestions as they come in - I had forgotten all about Via Napoli and I have actually eaten there! I forgot all about it - some Florida friends met us on our last trip and told us they were taking us to lunch. That's where we went, but I never even saw the name :). Time to edit my original post :D.

I'll second the recommendations for Raglan Rd, Sanaa, and HDDR. And I'll throw in BOG, Biergarten, Ohana, Yak&Yeti, and 50s PTC.

RE those character meals- I would not recommend MBBQ. First, I think it's a terrible waste of 2 TS credits if you're on the plan. And I think your 2 oldest kids are past their target demographic, while the youngest is too little to handle all the bigger kids out on the dance floor. HDDR might be something the whole family would enjoy, and the menu is similar.

I really like tony's! its actually really good food. and anywhere is a great place to seat. inside you get a great view. HOWEVER, last time i sat outside! it was turning electrical parade and it was AMAZING

Another vote for Sanaa and also BOG dinner-two of our favorite TS meals. We did HDDR when our boys were 12 and 9 and they both really enjoyed it :)

We also love Restaurant Marrakesh in Morroco even though reviews are mixed. That kept us from trying it for awhile but once we went we were glad we did!

Another vote for Sanaa it was our second best meal of our recent trip. We liked BoG both breakfast and lunch, and pre-park opening breakfast has the added benefit of a ride on mine train with no wait.

If you don't want to eat an entire meal, Sci-Fi Dine In is a great place to have a dessert. It has such cool theming and if it is a really humid day, it is a great place to soak up some AC!

Happy Planning!

Hoop dee doo is the best!! It's been a must-do the last five years for us.
Also love Ohana, BOG, and Trattoria Al Forno. Our other faves are Via Napoli & Trails End but you've been to those :)

Our favorites not on your list are HDDR, Biergarten, and 'Ohana dinner. We have also never done CM breakfast or MBYBBQ, so I can't comment on those.

While I'm not a big into going out for breakfast, especially on vacation, one trip we ended up with one TS meal credit left for each of us on the last day (long story involving a horrible experience at Chefs de France where we ended up leaving without even eating, and were on the free dining plan) so we had breakfast at Cape May. It was lovely! The food was very fresh, the variety was great, and they really kept the place very clean. I do recall, though, looking at how much it would have cost the four of us to eat there, and thought no way would I ever pay that for breakfast for us! It was "free" just needing a tip, but I would only do it if I either really loved breakfast or had free dining and wanted to try it.

If you like breakfast buffets and characters, it is great! My son especially liked the smoked salmon and fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter