Which Restaurant......

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
Help please between Garden Grill & chef de France...i realize one is a character meal,which isn't an important part..

They have very different menu and atmospheres, so it really depends on what you (and your group) are looking for in your meal.

Garden Grill is served family style, featuring beef, chicken, fish, and a variety of sides. The restaurant slowly rotates as you dine, allowing guests to see into scenes from the Living with the Land attraction. I found the food to be good and service was fine. The characters were a nice bonus, but not a primary reason for my family to dine there.

Les Chefs de France is a TS restaurant with French-influenced menu items. It's got a fairly extensive menu with lots of good choices. The restaurant can be kind of loud and the tables are fairly close together. I found the food to be good, but the service was hit-or-miss.

For me, it would come to whether I wanted American food (Garden Grill) or French-Influenced food (Les Chefs de France). I think for my family, we would probably pick Les Chefs most times.

I agree with figment, depends on what you are in the mood for.....I have eaten at both and well....I just don't like French food....and I love GG!

Apples and Oranges. Certainly the quality of the food will be better at Les Chefs. The question is, do you like French cuisine (or their version of it?) Garden Grill is going to be the kinds of food you may typically eat. We have eaten at both, but have not been compelled to return to either. :earsboy:

My family doesn't get overly excited about Garden Grill, it's just ok for us. However, we do really like Chefs de France. But, of course, as already stated, you have to like or be willing to try their menu.

I love Chefs de France - especially the beef short ribs. But I know lots of people who speak highly of Garden Grill - especially if you are looking for a more relaxed type character meal - food is brought to the table rather than a buffet where you have to get up and down. With kids this can be a helpful factor.

Garden Grill never appealed to us...just our eating preferences...until breakfast was announced...and then it is mostly for characters and being in the right place at the right time more than the food. But we love Chefs de France...even my kinda picky kids! We try to go every trip...in December we are doing breakfast at GG and lunch at Chefs...Chefs would be our choice easily if we had to choose one.

As stated, totally different food and atmospheres. Only you know what appeals to you and your companions. That is the one you should choose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter