Which restaurant was your first?

Mama Melrose... incidentally, the only restaurant we wouldn't go back to out of all the ones we tried.

Alfredo's in Italy about 30 years ago. It was soooooo good! None of the other restaurants they have put in that space even come close IMO.

Alfredo's in Italy about 30 years ago. It was soooooo good! None of the other restaurants they have put in that space even come close IMO.

I loved Alfredo's. When I went back as an adult in 2012, I was so disappointed that it had closed. That was the first time my grandpa had fettuccine Alfredo. He said "it's just a bowl of noodles and cheese". It was heavenly though.

My first restaurant was CRT, but I don't think it was called that then. I remember being impressed by the Mickey head-shaped butter pats:)

Epcot had recently for my first visit, so we also ate at what is now the Garden Grill. The key lime pie was to die for.

First meal back in 1994 was at the Restaurant Marrakesh. It's still a family tradition.

That's a tough one!

Counter Service was Cosmic Rays back in 1997. It's traditon to eat there at least once every trip.

Table Service... I am guessing Biergarten in 2002.

I remember back in June of 1997 being able to get a walk-up for the castle (I think it was called King Stefan's back then???) and the only reason we didn't eat there was cause my brothers thought it was for girls.

Top of the World. It was the revolving restaurant at the top of the Contemporary in the late 70's. Loved that place!

Top of the World. It was the revolving restaurant at the top of the Contemporary in the late 70's. Loved that place!

I don't remember it revolving. When we went there it was a diner and Broadway style stage show.

These are so much fun to read!

As a little tiny, I don't remember what we ate. I do remember going back when I was around 10 sharing a teriyaki burger with pineapple rings on it with my sister in Adventureland. That was a huge treat and I remember everything about it. We never did anything remotely suggestive of TS when I was a kid, but I do remember walking through Crystal Palace in the evening one time, just gawking and in awe of people actually getting to eat there.

My first TS as an adult was Wolfgang Pucks in DTD's West Side in 2006. It was loud and we were all tired, but it was pretty neat. That was when apps and tip were included in the DDP, and we did it right! ;)

Now that I think about it, we have eaten at Crystal Palace every single trip since I started taking DD when she was 6 (that 2006 trip). Wonder if that's my subconscious mind telling me "you, my dear, have arrived!" :rotfl:

I only have scattered memories of my first WDW trip in 1976, so I had to consult my parents' website for details. In their notes they say we ate breakfast at the Terrace Buffeteria and dinner at the Outer Rim. When I asked them where we ate FIRST, they said something to the effect of, "Jeez Louise, that was forty years ago!" but since we flew from New York I'm guessing it was dinner at Outer Rim.

My first TS was Liberty Tree Tavern. It's actually the only TS restaurant I've ever tried! My family were very much amateur Disney vacationers when I was a child, so we always ate QS and my dad would always be flabbergasted as to why there was no availability at Crystal Palace. I'm doing things differently next time around; my next trip is just a party of 2, and my best friend is totally game for all the ADRs I've made!

We started going to disney the first week of Oct 1972 when I was 5. I was a teenager before I realized there was anywhere to eat other than pecos bills and cosmic rays lol. And it's also why no one lets my dad pick where we eat when we go now.

CRT was the first Disney restaurant for our family. Our girls first trip to WDW. They had a makeover at BBB & dinner in the castle.

Our first table service was Biergarten, our first table service on the DDP was Concourse Steakhouse (it was in the CR for those who don't know).

I don't remember the first counter service meal, but I remember eating at the Electric Umbrella a lot.

My first ever meal was fish and chips (fries, to you) in the very different park which was MK in January 1974. I don't remember where it was in the park, although I have a funny recollection of it being near the front (perhaps in the then undeveloped Tomorrowland - might even have been the forerunner of Cosmic Rays). All I can remember is that we ate outside and in front of the inside bit was a large roofed over open area where all the seating was, and someone was calling out people's birthdays and anniversaries.

Fast forward almost 30 years, and OH, DD and myself returned to Florida for a 'once in a lifetime trip' in November 2003. Our first meal was Cosmic Rays. It's been a firm favourite of ours ever since.

The first table service meal we had was CP for my 50th birthday (Valentine's Day 2011), and it was a huge let down. Put us off CP for years! Decided to give it another try this year, and it couldn't have been more different: excellent service, saw all the characters really quickly (twice) and it was a much nicer experience all round.

Mine was at Chef Mickey's, for my birthday, way back when it was at Downtown Disney. Shows how old I am! I can still remember just how good those chicken tenders tasted!

Samira's first will be Beaches & Cream, which is another pretty good way to start!

First meal at all was at riverside mill food court, we got in late so we ate at the resort. I had a make your own pasts.

First sit down meal was ohanas for breakfast the next morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter