Which Restaurant was most Overrated by the DIS for you

Le Cellier and Ohana. Not that they were bad, I just expected much more.

For us, it was Alfredo's. It certainly wasn't horrible but we had higher expectations. I thought the service was lacking and the restaurant itself was very loud! They did have great desserts,though!

Todd&Copper said:
Excellent point, but I disagree that Celler is better than Outback. Different, but I really don't think it is better.

I like the pretzel bread, cheese soup and some of the desserts at Le Cellier over the similar items at Outback. I agree the steak at Le Cellier is similar to Outback.

Based on some of the reviews on DIS diners may be expecting the steak at Le Cellier to be of the same quality as the Palm or Shula's. It's not priced to be in that category but guests who're expecting that will be disappointed.

Boma - it's just a buffet. Nothing more in our opinions. And some of the food can be purchased at Mara. So we usually stop by and grab some zebra domes there. Much cheaper and without the hassle of a crowded buffet.

Biergarten - the only Disney restaurant we have ever walked out of. Our table was so crowded we coudn't move. The tables were way too close together. The service was terrible and the food just okay. We won't be back.

Chef Mickey's - average food, a crowded buffet, and way too much noise. Okay so we don't like buffets that much. We do however like Crystal Palace - especially for a late breakfast. But for character meals we much prefer the quiet and laid back atmosphere of the Garden Grille.

Disney Dining IMO is all overrated!
I agree 100% on that one. but I do like CM and LeCellier and C. Reef
and Boma is OK I would eat there again. Most over rated on DIS is Boma IMHO

Le Cellier We enjoy eating there, but can't believe that this has become THE place to go. I think Outback Steakhouse is better.

i have to agree on this one. both DH and myself mentioned that we had better cuts of meat at a texas road house or Outback.

our meals there were not bad mind you, but not the wow factor we were expecting after all the build up. the cheese soup was good enought to make you smack your mama though. i could have had just that and the bread and been happy.

Also, we have decided that we will never again get suckered into the sci-fi dine in theater. twice burned and we have learned our lession.

we just got back and the only place we were not pleased with was earl of sandwich will not go nere there again but we ate at LTT, le ceillieur,ohana,
hollywood and vine,WCC,flame tree barbecue,peco bills and we like them all very much but some people like them some do not it all depends on what you like so we all have our own opinion and we all have different taste so do not be afraid to try a restaurtant because some one said it was bad try it for yourself then make your own judgement.

just got back, loved the steak at Le Cellier's but the service was the worse I have ever had. We spent 3 hours in there, 2 of which we were trying to get our waitresses attention. I will never do the dining plan again. I am going in february and plan on eating only at restaurants who do not honor the dining plan.

KJET54 said:
just got back, loved the steak at Le Cellier's but the service was the worse I have ever had. We spent 3 hours in there, 2 of which we were trying to get our waitresses attention. I will never do the dining plan again. I am going in february and plan on eating only at restaurants who do not honor the dining plan.

Same thing happened with us. We were stuck back in a corner (which was fine with us since our 3 yo DD was tired), but our waitress took forever. I loved the bread and the cheese soup, but my filet just wasn't up to par for me. I had a better filet at Kona. We're going back on Xmas day, but for lunch and just soup/salad.

California Grill - the server made me practically cry :sad1: with her rudeness, the food was boring, and since they don't dim the lights (and can't hear over the crowd noise) couldn't see the fireworks very well. They were off to one side, which didn't look right either.
It was our 25th wedding anniversary dinner, oh well - but we did love LeCellier :goodvibes & Coral Reef!
Chef Mickey's for breakfast, my expectations weren't that high and they were met. We were there for the characters.

PrincessTrisha said:
Earl of Sandwich

It seems so popular on this board but I didn't get what all the hype was? :confused3

The bread wasn't that great and the fillings were okay but nothing really "special". The sandwich seemed really squished up and gloopy.

I'd rather have Panera Bread anyday!

Forgot about this (forgettable) in my previous post. Very disappointed after all the rave reviews. Exactly the way described above, and I got a very "simple" sandwich. Panera Bread is way better - too bad they don't have one there :p !

California Grill, the food was overpriced for the quality and quantity.The service was not very good either. :confused3

Lewisc said:
When people post about restaurants at WDW we don't always know what kind of restaurants they patronize at home. When a guest praises the steak at Le Cellier we don't always know if they normally have steak at the Sizzler, Outback or the Palm.

When people post about Tony's we don't know if they're comparing the food to Pizza Hut, Olive Garden or a good local Italian restaurant.

Le Cellier is certainly better than Outback but isn't in the same category as restaurants like Shula's or the Palm. I wouldn't expect to be but a few posters say something like the best steak they've ever had. That's a reach.

We patronize Morton's Steakhouse and The Outback as well as other non-chain steakhouses in the NYC metro area. Morton's is of course much better than Outback. But Outback's quality and variety is better than Le Cellier. Like I said, while I enjoy Le Cellier, I just don't see what the big deal is about it that makes it THE place to go to. I had a better steak at Fultons.

O'hana's... service was terrible and the meat (all) was very dry and tastless.. loved the potato's though :goodvibes

PrincessTrisha said:
Earl of Sandwich

It seems so popular on this board but I didn't get what all the hype was? :confused3

The bread wasn't that great and the fillings were okay but nothing really "special". The sandwich seemed really squished up and gloopy.

I'd rather have Panera Bread anyday!

We love love loved Earl of Sandwich :confused3

LTT for me - for both food quality and character interaction. I thought both were much better at Garden Grill. At least at Chef Mickey's, I go with low food quality expectations, but I had heard the food at LTT was pretty good. Maybe we just hit an "off' night.

The more I know the more I don't want to know. I see that every restaurant has had an off night. I also think it has a lot to do with your expectations.For me I never have grandiose expectations, as long as I didn't have to cook or clean up, It gets at least a couple of stars. Also since we have a 5 and 7 year old and I have to pick restaurants that have items for them,that also narrows my list. But we have never been disappointed at La Cellier or Crystal Palace. Although my kids adored Sci Fi , the food was pretty rank. We will go back there for the excitement in their eyes , but just do shakes and not a meal. And not waste a TS credit for sure. We also thought LTT was pretty bad.We were actually pleasantly surprised at Tuskar House and think it is a great CS bargain. We also had a pretty good meal at Colombia House in the MK and also at Wolfgang Puck Express. To me it hardly seems fair to compare a Disney restaurant to any at home. No restaurant around here serves that many people daily, 365 days a year.I think you have to take that into consideration.
But just to show it is truly subjective,I have read many kudos for Outback,a place I have never really liked at all, so there ya go. :stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter