• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which restaurant screams, "Welcome to Disney!"

Ohana
This used to be our arrival meal and our kids were young. We always felt like we had arrived at WDW at that point, like no other meal back home. Time it around Wishes to make it even more magical.

I'd also say Chef Mickey's. The monorail + characters is the epitome of Disney I think. If you are more princess oriented then I'd do 1900 Park fare for Cinderella. Since they are both on the monorail, you can ride around that before or after the meal. Or, take a boat.

We also like to go to Whispering Canyon near our arrival day. We like to take the boat over and look around the Wilderness Resort; and the restaurant atmosphere is fun.

Chef Mickey's - it was out first "introduction" after checking into WDW for the first time on our first big family trip - it is now my boys #1 request on every single trip. We used it as a practice round to see how my youngest (4 at the time) would handle the characters - he loved them. The atmosphere, the characters, it's all so much fun. And they love seeing the monorail go by and wave to people from inside the hotel. You can't go wrong.

Another vote for Chef Mickey's. The food isn't great but nothing screams WDW more than eating dinner with the Fab Five in one of the original WDW resorts with the monorail passing by. If you prefer princesses, I would do 1900 Park Fare.

Another vote for Chef Mickey's! Last visit we had a family of first timers with us and did this for out first meal at Disney, it truly got all of us into the Disney Magic. Get way to start the trip. Scheduling this for our first meal next trip!

This is another vote for a character meal at Chef Mickey's. If you have girls they might also like 1900 Park Fare since it has Cinderella and her step family and the prince. I cant think of any other character meals that you can do that are not inside the parks at dinner time. The T Rex cafe at Disney Springs might be good with a trip to the World of Disney store...its a HUGE store with a ton of Disney stuff....

I'm gonna have to agree that dinner at Chef Mickey's would be an awesome way to start your vacation. It certainly screams "Disney!" DD loved it when she was that age, and we loved watching her have so much fun.

:sunny:

Chef Mickeys, especially with kids that age. Great interaction with the characters and you get to see 4 of the Fab 5. I see a lot of complaints about the food, but we thought it was pretty darn good and our server was really on top of things. There were a couple of dishes I tried and didn't care for, but lots of choices that I really liked. And the basic kid-friendly foods if yours are picky at all.
Chef Mickeys is now our official first night dinner - we were picked as family of the day for my kids first WDW visit, and they opened the restaurant. It was such a fun and over the top experience to introduce them to Disney - really wonderful memories! So be warned, I might be biased :rolleyes1

These would be my choices as well. I would be partial to 1900 Park Fare though. The characters are such a hoot!
I agree. I love the interaction with the characters at 1900 Park Fare best. It's a must ADR every trip for my daughters.

As everyone has said.... Chef Mickeys + fab 5 = DISNEY, and while a lot of people are under whelmed with the food, we have always enjoyed it and everyone has found something to eat that was "good".

Not sure where you are staying, If somewhere like POFQ or POR - you could take the boat to DS(DTD) for the evening, lots of options for food again T-REX or Rainforest great options with kiddos, a trip through the World of Disney will bring it home for everyone where you are at. Ghirardelli's is a great place for dessert.

You could head over to Fort Wilderness for some dinner at either Mickey Backyard BBQ, or Hoop De Doo, and watch the Water pageant, or a carriage ride.

Just stay at your resort for pool time, grab dinner in the QS and relax, early to bed, nothing beat waking up at Disney..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter