Which Restaurant In Epcot?????

laurenluvsdisney

i love that mouse
We tried making reservations at La Cellier Steakhouse in Canada but it was booked solid. Next, we tried making reservations at The Coral Reef but it was for a very late time (according to my dad :rolleyes: ). We already went to the restaurant in Mexico on our last trip and want to try something new. Any suggestions of where to eat???

P.s. I am a very picky eater :rolleyes1

I'd check out the menus and see what would appeal to everyone. The EPCOT resorts are a short walk away with many other possibilities.:goodvibes

We like Chefs de France - and actually the Biergarten in Germany is not bad.

Ditto Chefs de France; we have also had some very good meals at Rose and Crown, including a lunch there just a week ago. If you are up for a little walk, seriously consider going to the Boardwalk for Flying Fish Cafe!!!

Mexico - As good as you can get in a really good Mexican restaurant. But has the best environment, especially for romantic dinner. Be sure to ask for a seat on the water. Wait for it extra if you have too, worth it.

Norway - Don't even think about it, terrible.

China - As good as you can get in any good Chinese restaurant, nothing special. Some people love it, but prolly the same people that eat a lot of takeout Chinese and not the good stuff.

Germany - Great food, very authentic and great entertainment, dancing and scenery. Good for groups of adults who want to have fun. The food they serve is not easy to find the way they prepare it in America, very German style. Beer is served by the liter as it should be everywhere.

Italy - Again, as good as you can get in any fine Italian restaurant. It's good, but you pay for it. There are enough good Italian restaurants in USA that will stack up to this place.

USA - Crap. Wonder when they'll put a real Americana type restaurant, at the very least like Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. It's almost embarrassing what they serve compared to the other countries. There is no question why USA is fattest countryin the world and what USA represents only confirms it. Just keep walking unless you need to use the bathroom, seeing that it's the halfway point in the countries.

Japan - Yaki is as good as any other Jap steakhouse like BeniHana's, only better environment. Matsu's sushi has small portions of sushi. However best place to eat and watch fireworks at 9 in the Matsu lounge sushi bar. I think the sushi at Matsu is actually one of the worst sushi places I've been, as compared to a lot of places in NYC. But if you are drinking some sake and eating your sushi at 9 pm and have front window seat, you forget how bad it is real quick.

Morocco - The most original food and authentic. The food is outstanding if you like middle eastern food. Has great entertainment, but kids prolly won't like it.

France - Again, a good French restaurant. Open your yellow pages and find any 3-4 star and you'll have the same. I think the most overrated of all Epcot restaurants.

England - Rose and Crown, the food is not bad and limited menu, but better then Raglan Road. The best watering hole in all of WDW for sure. Seems like they are more interested in the beer crowd, and will feed them since they seem to stick around for hours upon end, I'm one of them. I only eat there because I usually don't want to lose my seat. I've literally stayed in there from open to close on several accounts. Especially when starting my drinking around the world from right to left.

Canada - The second most overrated restaurant in Epcot. Eat at Ruth Chris' or some other "better then Outback" steakhouse and you'll be just as better off. The cheese soup is good, but buy one to go for lunch or something.

So my 2 top favs are Germany and Morrocco if you want something you can't get somewhere else. Mexico is really good and kids like the environment as well, especially if your sitting on the water. The rest, like I said, open the Yellow Pages when your at home and you'll find better. So you should at least start with these 2 as suggestions. But then again, I'm not a picky eater, I eat everything god put on this earth to consume and then some.

I would go with just grabing a CS meal,
I really like the Fish and Chips CS with
the Malt Vinegar in England.
We sat in the tables behind the CS by the Water and it
was very nice and quite.
Between the 3 of us we split 2 baskets (very reasonable price) without needing ADRs and were very full.
Didn't need to leave a tip either!
We then walked across the way and
listened to the Fake Beatles Band (it was fun). :thumbsup2

I have to agree with a few others. The Flying Fish is great and Chefs de France would be my other 2 choices. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1 :cool2: :cool2:

If you were interested in steak, you can walk to the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort through the International Gateway Entrance of Epcot. I actually like it better than LeCellier but we eat at both--neither are our top picks. There is also a very nice place in France, upstairs. Not Chefs de France which is not very good, but Bistro de Paris which is above Chefs de France. Very nice adult place. It's one of my fav's at WDW.

I like Chefs du France too! I think it has great atmosphere and good food. I also like Germany, which really surprise me since I am usually anti-buffet. I loved the entertainment and again, the atmosphere, and I liked that they had such a variety of food most of which was very good. I'm a picky eater also, but I like to try new things, so I really liked this buffet, because althought they had some different things, they had old standbys that I could fall back on. I can be a restaurant snob, but I wouldn't hesistate to go back to the Biergarten.

Les Chefs de France. It is really good, something for everyone on the menu, great service and really nice atmosphere.

I say go with the Coral Reef even it the time is late. We ate there on our honeymoon last month and it was really good!

My family's favorites are:

Canada - be sure to order the cheese soup - This was my kids favorite restaurant. :cool1:

Italy - my favorite before the table service restaurant closed:confused3 Going to miss this one. Hope they open a comparable restaurant before next year...

Fair restaurants:

Coral Reef - limited selection for a seafood restaurant - no shrimp the night we were there. :confused:

Japan - ok but we have much better Japanese restaurants in my local town.

Mexico - decent

USA - very limited basic menu - I would consider for a quick lunch only

I would agree with the Biergarten. It has good food plus the atmosphere is great. As long as you don't mind sitting with people you don't know.

If you want to try something new, head to Morocco (Restaruant Marrakesh) for some great food and unique entertainment.

Flying Fish was outstanding and would be a great choice.

Les Chefs de France is also wonderful AND is in Epcot so you don't have to leave/come back. The setting here is very nice, especially at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter