Which restaurant for 5 year old birthday?

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
We're in the middle of our trip this week but we're returning again in about 6 weeks to celebrate DS' birthday. He's already making note of which restaurants he would like to dine at.

My DS is turning 5 on the day we arrive at Disneyland. DS is really into celebrating his birthday. He's not at all shy about announcing that it's his birthday. In fact, he's already telling several characters and CMs all about his upcoming birthday trip.

We are having lunch at Ariel's Grotto so now we're looking for a dinner venue.

Which restaurants tend to make a big to-do over birthdays?

Also, is there an easier way to note a birthday celebration on online dining reservations besides calling Disney Dining and having them add the birthday notation on the reservation?

TIA

We are going in October for our son's 5th as well. We are doing Goofy's dinner, just for the simple fact that he has expressed the most interest in that character meal. I don't know if they make a big deal of birthdays or not, but I am going to pre order a cake for him, so I'm hoping they at least sing to him!

Yep Goofy's kitchen would be my suggestion. We've done it three times and had very fun character interactions each time (gracious princesses, silliness w Goofy and Chip/Dale, hugs a plenty w Minnie)- can only imagine what they will do to make a cute little five year-old feel great on their birthday.

Yep Goofy's kitchen would be my suggestion. We've done it three times and had very fun character interactions each time (gracious princesses, silliness w Goofy and Chip/Dale, hugs a plenty w Minnie)- can only imagine what they will do to make a cute little five year-old feel great on their birthday.

Glad to hear that!!!

Don't forget to have him wear his happy birthday button! That way CMs, characters, and even other guests will be wishing him a happy birthday throughout your visit. And make sure to remind the CMs about his birthday when you check in for your reservation. They will tell your server to make sure he/she remembers. :)

I know it's not dinner, but we has amazing breakfast at Surfs' Up on my daughter's fifth birthday. My daughter still talks about having a chocolate cupcake for breakfast on her birthday. It was a great start to our trip!

I think we went to the Big Thunder BBQ for dinner that night. She enjoyed the food, but really liked the entertainment and the chance to go up on stage.

Can't go wrong at Goofys Kitchen for any meal of the day if you ask me! :P My kids 3 and 6 absolutely love it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter