• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which ressie to cancel?

PrincessOliviasMom

Mouse Fanatic
It seems I was fortunate enough to overbook reservations for DDP for the last week of September. Which would you choose to cancel ...

-- Chef Mickey's for breakfast?
-- Tony's Town Square for dinner?
-- Coral Reef for lunch?
-- Fantasmic Dinner package at Mama Melrose?

It will be me, DH and 2DDs (ages 4 and 2).

Any input would be helpful! Thanks in advance! :confused:

--We HATED Chef Mickey's when we went!! However, we did dinner, not breakfast but I would not use a TS meal on a breakfast anyway. Really depends on your family dynamics but we are not generally big breakfast eaters. However, with little kids like yours, they might like it with all the activity.

--Haven't done any of the other three choices so kind of hard to say....Not sure which one would hold the least interest for you kids. Coral Reef would be kind of cool with the fish swimming by while you're eating though. I think I would be most apt to get rid of Tony's as I seldom read much special about it.

If it were me, I wouldn't cancel any of them --- pay OOP and enjoy!

If you want/need to cancel them I would do so in this order:

1. Coral Reef Lunch
2. Tony's Town Square Dinner
3. Fantasmic Dinner @ Mama Melrose
4. Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Don't cancel the Chef Mickey's breakfast unless you are overloaded with other character meals including the same characters. Your kids will love it and the breakfast is really good.

We have eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Coral Reef for lunch. We really liked the Coral Reef. DS loved to watch all of the fish swimming by. The food was wonderful! The food was good at CM's and DS liked when he got to meet the characters. We have not done the other ones, sorry.

I'd cancel Tony's. Unless the food has gotten tremendously better, it's not worth it! Mama Melrose was not that much better, but it was better. I have not been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but dinner was good! Coral Reef was very good.

I second the Mama Melrose... I did not care for the food AT ALL!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kids will love Chef Mickey's and they'll also love the tank at Coral Reef. You'll enjoy the food at Coral Reef and the AC in the afternoon will feel SO GOOD. The underwater feel of the place may also "soothe" cranky toddlers. We have exactly the same ADRs(B&L) and have a 5yo boy in our group.

The convenience of not having to sit on line with a 2yo and 4yo for Fantasmic seating suggests you should keep Momma Melrose. So Tony is the odd man out. I have not read enough good things about Tony's to suggest you should pay OOP to keep this meal.

I'd lose Coral Reef. Even if I liked the place (which I don't) I would not waste that kind of time in the middle of the day.

Coral Reef:eek:
Mama Melrose:love:
Tony's was ok the last time we were there. We had a table on the porch and watched the afternoon parade while we ate. It was fun!
Haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's but have heard good things about the breakfast.

Did I mention Coral Reef:eek: It was like Chucky Cheese with fish!!Loud and expensive and the food was not that good.
Enjoy your trip!

I'd lose Tony's.

The other 3 have something unique to offer. Chef Mickey's has the characters. Coral Reef has the fish (live ones, that is) and Mama Melrose has the special Fantasmic seating. Tony's is Italian like Mama's WITHOUT the special seating.

Definitely cancel Tony's.

I think Coral Reef is the perfect break in Epcot for a family with young children. They love seeing the fish, and Mom and Dad get to have a "real" meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter