Which resorts not to miss during Christmas?

StEpHandMiKe<3Disney

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are going to WDW during the holidays and are going to resort hop to see all the neat decorations. Which resorts are not to miss and have special things in December? Like I know the Grand Floridian has the infamous gingerbread house. Tell me all about it.

The WL, GF, and BC are at the top of our list for Christmas decorations, with the WL being our favorite during the holidays :santa:.

Let's see...

Love seeing the GF's Gingerbread house and going one floor up above it to smell it was amazing (ONCE). It's wow, but not WOW for me.

Went to see the chocolate carousel at Beach Club. Definitely would go see this one.

Every resort has a big tree with their themeing as decorations. For example, Wilderness Lodge has rustic ornaments.

From what I've heard on here the resorts used to be covered with deco inside and out at Christmas, but they have really slacked off with the outside stuff in the last few years. :sad2:

For us, Christmas at Disney includes the Christmas Party at MK. It will be my 3rd year in a row this year. :cool1: And of course, the Osbourne lights at DHS. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2AM:thumbsup2AMAZING!!!

Enjoy!!!

The Boardwalk does a chocolate, gingerbread and candy gazebo every year with a scene featuring Disney characters inside. It's a pretty cool thing to see, and as a bonus, when you walk down the actual Boardwalk, they play Christmas music from standards singers like Sinatra and Harry Connick, Jr.

WL and GF is our favorite but we also love AKL. Walk around outside at the WL and you can hear Christmas music. Its so special.:)

WL and GF is our favorite but we also love AKL. Walk around outside at the WL and you can hear Christmas music. Its so special.:)

We agree with those choices as we never miss going to all 3 during our Christmas stay....:thumbsup2

If you go to the BC don't forget to head over to the YC. They are connected and both have beautiful lobbies.

We love BW, BC, GF, WL and AKL. Love to resort hop at the holidays.
Have a great time!!

If you go to the BC don't forget to head over to the YC. They are connected and both have beautiful lobbies.

We love BW, BC, GF, WL and AKL. Love to resort hop at the holidays.
Have a great time!!

When you say connected, I didn't realize you could walk from one to the other. I thought you had to take the boat.....good to know

All Resorts have their merits during the Christmas Season. Unique and beautiful.

Our favorites are WL and GF, with AKL a "hidden" gem.

Enjoy!

We like to head over to the GF, their lobby is so beautiful to begin with let alone with the decorations up. Really, do the monorail drinking tour in the afternoon/evening and visit all 3. It is a great date!

We stayed at the BC in Dec. '09. We took a bit of time one afternoon to walk around the EPCOT resorts. Besides the BC and BWI, the YC had a very cool gingerbread train town and the Dolphin had an amazing (we are talking HUGE) Christmas tree in the lobby that was made entirely of white poinstettias. It was gorgeous! We also used the opportunity to grab some yummy Starbucks coffee at the Dolphin :)

Of course, I would agree with everyone elso and also recommend GF and WL. They are beautiful :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter