Which resort???

lunapnp

DIS Veteran
I know these questions have been asked over and over so sorry for asking again. I have looked through the other threads but still looking for advice! We have been to Disney several times...of those times we have only stayed off site once and I wasn't crazy about it. But, it was also a quick weekend trip. Anyway, this time it will be me and my husband along with our three teenagers! My oldest DD also uses a power wheelchair. I'm not crazy about paying Disney prices for a room that would accommodate my family. Plus we MUST have two bathrooms. Right now, my choices are narrowed down to Wyndham Bonnett Creek, World Quest, Floridays, or doing two rooms at a value at Disney. Although we won't spend a lot of time at the resort, I definitely want something we will be comfortable in as well as enough room to walk around with three teenagers and a power wheelchair in the room. :flower:So what are your suggestions??? TIA!!

You said you aren't thrilled with staying offsite, but, if you have a car - it could be the perfect option. You could be only 15 minutes from the parks. Everyone could have their own room. Lots of space. And you save money. Use vrbo or homeaway to find something on the west end of Rt 192. If you look at a map, find the intersection on 192 at I4. The area west of that is all vacation villas and is, IMHO, the best spot.

I know these questions have been asked over and over so sorry for asking again. I have looked through the other threads but still looking for advice! We have been to Disney several times...of those times we have only stayed off site once and I wasn't crazy about it. But, it was also a quick weekend trip. Anyway, this time it will be me and my husband along with our three teenagers! My oldest DD also uses a power wheelchair. I'm not crazy about paying Disney prices for a room that would accommodate my family. Plus we MUST have two bathrooms. Right now, my choices are narrowed down to Wyndham Bonnett Creek, World Quest, Floridays, or doing two rooms at a value at Disney. Although we won't spend a lot of time at the resort, I definitely want something we will be comfortable in as well as enough room to walk around with three teenagers and a power wheelchair in the room. :flower:So what are your suggestions??? TIA!!
Bonnet Creek has by far the best location, since it is located next door to the Caribbean Beach resort, and is easy to rent on ebay and many other places, so I would start with it.

with a wheelchair it might be easier to stay onsite.

you could also look into renting a reservation from a DVC member or broker - to stay at a DVC resort - the cheapest one would be OKW or AKV - you would need a 2-bedroom at most to get the 2nd bedroom.

a 2-bedroom has king in the master and either 2-queen beds (dedicated) or 1 queen bed and double sleeper sofa (lock out) - except OKW they all have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. all also have a queen sleeper sofa in the living area. OKW, BLT and AKV also have a chair bed in the living area.

with BLT and AKV you can get a 1-bedroom - it has 2 bathrooms - then you have 1 king bed in master, in living room a queen sleeper sofa and chair bed.

We're in the same boat. We have two teen boys who don't like to share a bed, and we really like having two bathrooms. We stayed in a townhouse at Windsor Hills a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. However, our next trip will be a little shorter and I don't want to deal with buying our own toilet paper, coming home to unmade beds, etc. I would really like a place with space for everyone and daily housekeeping. I also don't want to have to put down any deposits now to reserve a place. Our dates aren't until February and DH doesn't even know if he'll get the time off yet. I know that the deposits are usually refundable up until a certain date, but I don't want to invest any money just yet. Plus, I don't want to deal with individual owners (although our last one was great). If something is wrong with our suite, I want the flexibility to go to the front desk and ask for a different room.

That said, Staybridge Suites at Marriott Village looks really nice and gets good reviews. The lowest rate for our dates so far is $209 a night. It's a little more than I want to pay, but not totally outrageous. I like the fact that they have a free breakfast so we don't have to worry about stocking up with groceries. I'm also considering the Best Western Saratoga Premier Suites. It's a newer property that also gets good reviews. The only real drawback is that they don't offer breakfast. The nightly rate with a AAA discount is $161.00, so a decent price. I would love to have a villa at Caribe Royale. Right now, they're running over $250 a night. I'm stalking it for deals, including their Wednesday sales. I might have to wait for our dates to get closer before I can score any real discount. I'm also looking into a few other places including Blue Heron Resort, Worldquest Resort and Floridays. They have housekeeping services for a fee, so they're not high on my list.

When we needed 2 bathrooms, we rented a 1 BR villa from David's rentals at BLT. With the proximity to MK and the 2 bathrooms, plus being on monorail, I think it would suit your needs. The rates for renting points as opposed to making a reservation directly with Disney are much lower.

I'll also add that on our last trip our friends stayed at the Wyndham at BC and they liked it. The location is good if you have your own car, the drive to the parks is very quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter