Which Resort?

Which resort would you stay in and why?

• OKW

• BWV

• Saratoga Springs

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrsB919

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I need some help deciding. DH just told me today that our next Disney vacation is just to far away and we should plan a sooner one. Is it any wonder I love him? :lovestruc And who am I to argue with my DH. lol So we are planning on going for 5 days in the beginning of May. It's between OKW, Saratoga Springs and BWV. Now we wanna stay in one that's convenient and that we've never stayed before. I'm torn and DH says he's fine with any of them. Feedback on which ones and why would be very appreciated. Thanks!:wizard:

Larger rooms (especially in the studios). 3 bedroom villas are great. Love the jacuzzi style tubs in the master bedroom; 1 bedroom units & up. Just my 2 cents worth.:)

Saratoga is our favorite and is where we own, but have stayed at OKW and enjoyed it equally well. The larger accomodations and less points make it a great choice. If its something you havent spent much time planning then i would go with the least points and the resort is great.

As a new VGF owner, you will be staying at all of the resorts many times over. Just pick a resort and go for it! :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

Having stayed at Saratoga springs twice before we love the resort due to the close proximity of downtown disney, if your looking to go to downtown disney then saratoga springs is a five minute walk or a quick boat ride away, we love saratoga springs for this reason.

What size room? What are your plans while in town? Which parks, if any? Golfing? Shopping? Spa? Will you have a car?

I think all three locations have positives, but which one works best for you largely depends on how you'll spend your time.

I picked OKW. The main reason I picked it is that we almost always go at the end of April or beginning of May and are so happy staying at OKW. The weather is perfect, and sitting out on that big balcony around the table is so peaceful.

You guys are making such a good case for OKW. My parents just got back this week and they stayed at OKW and have been raving about it. As for our plans. We will be staying about 4-5 days. We aren't renting a car this time. We will be using Magical Express and Disney Transportation. Planning on only doing 2 parks, Epcot & MK. We always do DTD. We want a relaxing trip with possibilities of things to do. It's just DH & I. We have no kids.

I voted for BWV. You will be there during F&G. You can head over in the evening for the Flower Power concert or just walk around WS or the Boardwalk. You may be interested in some of the demonstrations offered at F&G. The dining options on the Boardwalk are excellent.

No matter what you decide, it is a great time to be at WDW. Great weather and low crowds.

With no car, I'd do BWV but all would be good.

Definitely BWV for a trip during F&G! And also since you have no car it will be so nice to walk into Epcot plus lots of restaurants in the Boardwalk area you can also just walk too.

Boardwalk for us all the way. Of course everyone has their favorite, no right or wrong.

1- Has more of a resort feel.
2- Can walk, or boat to two Parks which for us means lots of easy dining choices, walk to EPCOT, grab dinner or just dessert in France and walk back.
3- the Boardwalk
4- You can really just park and never look at your car.

Well we've made our choice. As you may be able to tell from my banner we will be staying at BWV this trip. There were good points about there being alot of things to do and places to eat especially since we won't have a car this trip. I'm excited :cool1: Can't wait. We booked a garden view but waitlisted a BW view. Hopefully our waitlist will come through. :goodvibes

A lot depends on what you are planning on doing that particular stay:
Resort only stay - AKL; BCV; OKW
Parks - BCV; BWV; VWL
Shopping/Going to other than WDW Parks/Last Minute Trip - AKL; OKW; SSR
Touring/Beach/Doing Something Different - VB; HH

Is Flower & Garden going on? Definitely BWV for me, but especially if F&G time!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I voted SSR, but BWV has a close 2nd.. SSR is so beautiful, walking dist to DTD, the QS resturaunt is so nice and such an adult friendly resort. BWV has the down side to the pool is not IMO the worst of all DVC I have stayed at and you can be stuck in the last room of endless halls. Other wise the location fo BVW is wonderful as are the points!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter