• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Resort???

backpacktwang

Mouseketeer
for June of 2014??? Lots of time to save so we are willing to consider any price level. What are your favorites at value, moderate, and deluxe levels? We stayed at Pop in March and loved it!

Our moderate Favs are POR & POFQ. I love the beautiful theming, and these have a little extra to offer with a boat to DTD, evening entertainment, and Horse & Carriage rides.

Our fav deluxe is a little more difficult to rank. I love something about all I've stayed at. For summer, you can't beat BC/YC for location, and pool. Also love the theming. Poly too. For winter there's something about staying in WL that I love. And we also enjoy AKL, especially if you get a savana view.

So far, I have only stayed at BWI and YC--both times Club Level. In October, I will stay at the Poly (not CL).

I truly LOVED both BWI and YC for the location. Walking distance to my favorite park (Hollywood Studios) and my kids favorite park (Epcot). Plus TONS of dining options right there between the Boardwalk and Epcot. I tried to book BC for my next trip so I could try all 3 of the Epcot resorts--but they were already full (I am using a special race participant discount).

I would eventually like to try EVERY resort--but the ones I am most eager to try are Wilderness Lodge, the treehouse villas and POFQ.

What is BWI?

Boardwalk Inn.

While the values don't appeal to me, my favorite mod is POR. It's probably my favorite resort on property. I love the serene theming, great food court, good pool, yehaa bob in the lounge, the boat to DTD and just the overall home feeling. As for deluxes, my favorite is BC. I love the relaxed theming, best pool on property and being so close to EPCOT is wonderful.

We've stayed at 1 mod and all but 3 deluxes, but haven't stayed at any values.

Moderate - CBR - beautiful atmosphere; great pool; good food court with a lot of variety; resort is centrally located so it doesn't take long getting to any theme park, water park, or DTD.

Deluxes:

Poly - our favorite for many reasons......love the tropical atmosphere; close proximity to MK (2nd stop on monorail); great pool; beach is great for watching the fireworks; convenient to the GF and CR for a variety of dining/shopping options; large rooms with all rooms having a daybed; 5-7 walk to TTC to catch the Epcot monorail; great dining options (Captain Cooks/CS; Ohana & Kona/TS).

GF - pretty victorian theme/decor; 1 monorail stop from MK; large rooms; convenient to a variety of dining/shopping options at CR and Poly.

BC- within walking distance to Epcot and DHS; boardwalk is close for nightly entertainment; nice pool; beautiful atmosphere; Cape May is great for TS breakfast and dinner.

WL - close proximity to MK via boat; convenient to CR/monorail for dining/shopping options; beautiful lobby/atmosphere; great pool; good dining options (Roaring Forks/CS; Whispering Canyon & Artist Point/TS).

AKL - beautiful resort; nice pool; great dining options (Mara/CS; Boma/TS).

We've had great stays and have loved all of the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is our favorite :goodvibes.

I have stayed at several different resorts...

My personal favorite is the Boardwalk inn (villas).

I love that it is close to (walking distance) both Epcot and Hollywood Studios!

I love the ambiance of the hotel...
It is a bit smaller that Beach Club, and while I love both (beach club and Boardwalk) I much prefer Boardwalk :)

My second choice delux resort is Animak Kingdom. The location is far and dining options limited, but it cannot be beat for pool and theming...it also does not share a bus with any other resort...

Hope this helps...

If it came down to a moderate resort...I like Port Orleans riverside the best.

There is so much to consider when choosing a resort to stay at...theming, location, vacation style, size and make up of party, time of year etc.

I have stayed at all level of resorts, and the only deluxes I have NOT stayed at are Poly and GF. There is something to love about each one!

To the OP... who is in your party? What time of year are you going? What are your favorite parks? Do you plan on doing parks most of the time or will you spend a lot of time at the resort? Your answers to these questions will help you better narrow down where you will be happy staying.

My personal favorites are: Boardwalk because of location, atmosphere and food choices; Saratoga springs because it is not near the parks and very relaxing yet it is close to DTD and has great pools; wilderness Lodge because of the theming and calm , relaxing atmosphere.

We really like staying in the boardwalk area villas with walking access to two parks plus all the resorts in that area. We generally stay at the Boardwalk but if you like to use the pools a lot Beach Club is a great option. We recently stayed at the Pop Century and really enjoyed it, great value and transportation was not a problem. Having stayed at moderate resorts previously I would either spend the extra for a deluxe or if dollars are at issue consider Pop Century or even Art of Animation.

There is so much to consider when choosing a resort to stay at...theming, location, vacation style, size and make up of party, time of year etc.

I have stayed at all level of resorts, and the only deluxes I have NOT stayed at are Poly and GF. There is something to love about each one!

To the OP... who is in your party? What time of year are you going? What are your favorite parks? Do you plan on doing parks most of the time or will you spend a lot of time at the resort? Your answers to these questions will help you better narrow down where you will be happy staying.

My personal favorites are: Boardwalk because of location, atmosphere and food choices; Saratoga springs because it is not near the parks and very relaxing yet it is close to DTD and has great pools; wilderness Lodge because of the theming and calm , relaxing atmosphere.

Our party is myself, dh, and ds who will have just turned 8 then. We will be going in June. We are planning to spend most of the time in parks, but will probably schedule in one resort/ exploring day where we don't go to parks since we are looking at a longer trip this time (maybe 8 days... we were only there four last time). Does that help? Thanks a ton!

Our party is myself, dh, and ds who will have just turned 8 then. We will be going in June. We are planning to spend most of the time in parks, but will probably schedule in one resort/ exploring day where we don't go to parks since we are looking at a longer trip this time (maybe 8 days... we were only there four last time). Does that help? Thanks a ton!

Because you are going in June you will definitely be spending time at the pool! I would go for a deluxe. If you wind up going for 8 days you will appreciate having time to spend at a beautiful resort when you aren't at the parks. The deluxe resorts have pool parties and activities in the afternoon which are really fun. I have an only child too - a 9 year old daughter- and the pool parties have been a lifesaver for us!! It gives my DD a chance to be around other kids and have fun while DH and I enjoy relaxing :-)drinking 1). We like to go to the parks at opening and come back to swim in the afternoon, then do something in the evening.

For me, one drawback of the Epcot resorts is the shared busses. It can take quite awhile to get to MK or AK, and DTD and back is certainly a pain. But they do have good food options and are close to Epcot and DHS.

My top choices in order would be:
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club
Saratoga Springs
Caribbean Beach
Pop Century

I also forgot to say that it is fun to get your chid involved in choosing the resort. I like to have DS help me. We look at pictures etc and talk about what features of the resort we want to enjoy or try.

We are DVC owners...from 2006 forward. We did stay once at POR prior to owning DVC. Then another time, DH had a conference at CR and we got to stay there for 3 nights. POR was meh...not bad, but nothing spectacular. CR, on the other hand, was fantastic. The monorail comes right through. You can walk to/from MK. The area with the shops and bar is really neat (CM is right around the corner). We sat at the bar, one night, and had some drinks while a big storm rolled in across Bay Lake. It was pretty cool to watch. The pool there is nice. You can monorail to the POLY or GF for meals and to Epcot. The rooms were spacious and beautifully modern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter