Which Resort?

disneymotts

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We are in the early planning stages for our next trip to WDW. We are hoping to go early 2015, so lots of time to plan and save.

The question I'm pondering ATM is which resort we should aim for. DS will be 7 and DD 4, so I expect we will spend most time in MK. We have stayed at SSR before and enjoyed having a 1 bed apartment. We are tempted to go back to SSR, but also considering WL. We are also open to suggestions if you think any other would suit is well! (worth a mention is that both DS & DD LOVE swimming, so a good pool is huge bonus).

Thanks for your help!

We love WL! Great resort, and the kids will enjoy the boat over to MK, and watching the Electric Water parade & movies on the beach.

We were at WL last month with our grandchildren age 5 and 3. The pool was perfect for them and they loved the slide. It is a compact resort, everything under one roof. Roaring Forks has good counter service. Everyone loved the boat ride to MK. There are two types of boats, one of which allows you to bring strollers on without folding them. We never took a bus to MK, although my DH and I did take the bus back once or twice.

The rooms are on the small side, though, smaller than what you are used to at SSR.

If your kids like to swim than the Beach Club Resort has a great pool and you are realy close to Hollywood Studios & Epcot and you can walk to the front of Epcot and catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom

and you can walk to the front of Epcot and catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom

This only works if you have park hopper tickets, and it is a long walk. IMHO, it would be better (and faster) to take the bus directly from BC to MK.

Thanks for your responses! We had thought about one of the Epcot resorts, but think we may leave these until DS & DD are slightly older. Although if the right offer came up I'd definitely be tempted. We found an amazing offer for this year, but don't have enough pennies saved ATM to make if a reality.

Has anyone tried the lodges at WL rather than the hotel itself? I'm quite taken with the idea of one of those.

Also, anyone stayed at the contemporary? I thought the monorail stop would be quite a draw for a train mad DH & DS!

Thanks again!

We are DVC members so we have stayed in the villas at WL. They are lovely and very convenient to the main building. Very similar layout as the SSR one bedroom units. As far as the CR, love, love, love it. It and it's sister DVC resort are the only resorts that you can WALK to the MK from. It takes between 5-10 minutes and it so quick and convenient. Also, monorail is you wish (slower than the walkway) to MK and to Epcot. The CR rooms are large and have plenty of room for your family. If you wish, BLT which is next door to the CR is the DVC resort and offers the one bedroom villas. They have 2 full bathrooms and also offer a sleeper chair in addition to the pullout couch.

Brill! Thanks! Lots of food for thought.

Waiting game now to see what kind of offers come up and where we can get.

I love disney planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter