Which resort?

Ms Lion Queen

Earning My Ears
We are looking at a quick trip in February. We are two adults traveling and are thinking of staying at Port Orleans since we have not been at that resort before. Right now we're trying to decide between Riverside and French Quarter. We tend to like rooms in quieter sections away from pools and don't care how far we are from a food court. As of now, we don't have a preference since we don't know much about each resort. I'd appreciate any suggestions, recommendations, comments, tips, etc.

We stayed at POFQ and it is small and quiet. Very understated. The lobby itself is not quiet though, because you can hear live music from the lounge. We were in bldg 7, the "farthest away" from main bldg and it wasn't far at all.

The bus would sometimes go around POR (after we had boarded on the way to the parks) and it looked liked POR had a more Missisippi theme to it, you know? More landscaping too, etc.

Speaking of the bus, I liked that we were first on & first off the bus at FQ.

What you want to do before you decide is find out if either resort will be undergoing any maintenance during your stay. Sometimes in off-season they will close a pool or an eatery etc for maintenance.

We've not stayed at either (we've only stayed at the CSR). However, we have always said the POFQ would be our second choice if ours wasn't available. We were there in September looking around and we really like the theme of the resort and the food court (the only thing we didn't care for was how small the hot tub was and the pool was very crowded). I'd go with POFQ--it was very quiet (except the pool) when we were there visiting.

Btw, if you're stay falls between Jan 1 & Feb 11, there is a general public discount that can save you 35% off the moderate resorts. I think it is code SGG.

Our last trip we stayed at POR - it was very relaxing, extremely quiet, a nice and not too long walk to the food court/bus stop. We were in the mansions section which suited myself and older mother very well. We loved the boat to DTD for shopping and good restaurants.

We like the POR atmosphere a little better, but you really cannot go wrong with either one. Here is a site that will give you great information on both resorts. Remember you can use all the amenities at both resorts no matter which one you stay at.

http://www.portorleans.org/

:welcome: to DIS I would suggest the French Quarter :goodvibes The grounds are gorgeous, the resort is small and intimate, the CM's are great and the overall feeling is very relaxed and enjoyable :cloud9: We even prefer the French Quarter :love: to the Polynesian ::yes:: Enjoy your trip, Mary

Well, it looks like it is going to be the French Quarter and we did qualify for the discount. Thanks, everyone, for all the helpful info.

Well, it looks like it is going to be the French Quarter and we did qualify for the discount. Thanks, everyone, for all the helpful info.

pooh: Enjoy we just got back two weeks ago.Make sure you take the boat to DTD. It takes a little longer than the buses but it is a neat ride.Make sure you stroll over to POR to catch Bob's show in their lounge if he is performing
during your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter