• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Resort would you choose

Mkripke

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Looking to go next July and trying to decide between Boardwalk and Beach Club. We are a family of 4 (me, DW, DD 17, DD 17).

Which would you choose and why?

pixiedust:

We haven't stayed at BWI, but we really liked the BC. I don't think you can go wrong with either one as they are both beautiful resorts and both are within walking distance to Epcot and DHS. We are trying the YC in July 2013 and hope to eventually try BWI sometime. I would look at pics of both resorts and see which theme/decor appeals to you the most and go with that one. Good luck :).

Since you have 2 teens, will 1 bathroom be sufficient? If not, you may wish to consider the Family Suites at Art of Animation or All Star Music. Both are Value Resorts and these suites have 2 bathrooms. Or you may think about 2 regular rooms at the BC or YC.

For me, it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I own DVC at BW, but really ejnoy staying at BC. If the girls really like to swim and enjoy a 'water park' feel, then BC may be a better bet. You can also get soda/coffee refills within the building vs having to go outside at BW (unless you use BelleVue Lounge). You can also grab a light bite to eat within that same area at BC..MarketPlace.
The feel is light and airy...lots of fun.
But, I love BW a bit more. I love the more grown up feel to it. Yes, you do have to go outside to get something to eat..unless, again, you use Belle Vue Lounge which isn't always available. But, I love the various pools at BW, I love walking the boardwalk and people watching. It's under 20 mins, on foot, from DHS and under 10 mins to Epcot. Very nice to be able to walk to two parks!!!
I guess you can't go wrong with either one.

I agree that BWI has a more grown-up feel to it, and that might appeal to your teens. We have stayed in both and while my 3 teens loved BC for the pool in their younger years, they seem to prefer the activities around BWI more, now that they are older. Both are very nice!

My kids also like the small feel of POFQ. The bus to the parks is so convenient and the food court (although small) is a couple minutes from any room.

Thank you

Was leaning towards BC for the pools, but if you think that the girls would enjoy BWI, then maybe we need to lean that way.

Hi all

Looking to go next July and trying to decide between Boardwalk and Beach Club. We are a family of 4 (me, DW, DD 17, DD 17).

Which would you choose and why?

pixiedust:

As a family with two teen girls as well (18 & 14), I'll give you my two cents (for whatever it's worth). We've been lucky to stay at the BC the last 2 years and my girls LOVE this resort. The biggest draw is the pool...SAB is an amazing pool and we always make sure to have downtime so we can enjoy it. They also like the sit down restaurant choices at both the BC and Yacht Club which is adjacent to the BC. One of their favorites is the character breakfast at Cape May, it's not as chaotic as Chef Mickey's and they get plenty of character interaction (and believe me, at their age, they still like taking pics with characters). They enjoy having Beaches and Cream at their fingertips...many nights after the parks, they'd both go off and get ice cream, sit outside and people watch although DH & I figured out pretty quickly that it was more like "lifeguard watching" :rotfl:.
We have checked out the BW and to be honest both my girls did not like the atmosphere there because they found the crowd to be "too old"...their words, not mine :) and they didn't like the appearance of the pool at the BW...they say the clown freaks them out...go figure....lol. Seriously, they are both lovely resorts and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.... Good luck!

Pool is great at BC and can't be beat but overall as a resort I like BW better.

BC all the way...it's SO pretty there! you can always walk to any other resort for dinner options.....BW has that awful pool too....:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter