Which resort would you choose?

phisigprincess

<font color=red>Finally a vet!<br><font color=gree
I am surprising my DH with a trip to Star Wars weekends for his 30th birthday. I can get a really good deal on airfare, plus we have APs, so I'm willing to spend a bit more for the resort.

I'm deciding between Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club because of their proximity to DHS. Which would you chose for a 2 night trip in May? They seem pretty comparable, so I figured I'd solicit some opinions from the DIS! Thanks!

^^^ If money is no object, for adults traveling without children, I would go for the Boardwalk. It just seems like such a wonderfully romantic resort. Which is not to say the other two you mentioned aren't gorgeous places, but me personally, I would choose Boardwalk for just DH and I. Happy planning!

I would also vote for the Boardwalk. We have stayed at the Beach Club and loved it but it is so nice to walk around the Boardwalk in the evenings. Epcot is an easy stroll from any of the three resorts.

I would also vote Boardwalk. I've never stayed there but I have visited and eaten dinner at Spoodles, and the resort is so beautiful and romantic. And there is a lot to do without even having to leave the resort.

I've stayed at both the BWI and YC (both adults only trips) and love them both. The BWI is gorgeous, because it only has about 350'ish rooms, once you're through the lobby (shared with the villas) you're in a different world, very quiet and refined, I really do think now it's been refurbished it gives the GF a run for its money.

The YC is also lovely, it's larger than the BWI but equally as refined, but without being stuffy. For balcony I prefer the YC, have had a huge balcony (more like a patio in size) at the BWI but equally smaller balconies, such you can only fit 1 chair comfortably, whereas at the YC all balconies are full size and plenty of room for a table and chairs. I also preferred the bus service at the YC, but of course that can be hit or miss at any resort.

My preference would be BWI,YC,BC.Although all are very nice,the BW at night is a fun place to be with ESPN,Jellyrolls,or watching the preformers:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I would go with the BoardWalk because in my opinion they have the best theme among those resorts. I also find the Yacht Club and Beach Club to be very boring places to stay and they have no atmosphere.

I guess I have to go back and give BW another try. We have stayed there once and it was OK but didn't seem romantic... must've been focused on the kids and not the wife :)

I think my fav would be YC for romantic. It has a wonderful atmosphere and seemed perfect for an adult getaway..

For location..... YC over BC because it's just that much closer to DHS. Hey- you said you wanted to be close to DHS. ;) Don't take me the wrong way though... BC is in close proximity to DHS as well... but it's maybe two more minutes added on to the walk. hahahaa I only know this because we stayed at the BCV and then the YC at our following trip, and while I loved the YC, I remember waking up in the morning for Epcot (our fave park) rope drop and grumbling that I could've slept in 2 more minutes if we were at the BCV since BCV and Epcot are like next door neighbors. That being said, YC is closer to DHS in comparison to BC. (By a smidge, I mean.) Sorry I can't compare the BW. Never stayed there and haven't had the chance to time myself from the entrance of BW to DHS (or Epcot for that matter lol).

In terms of theme though... BW. Very romantic. Ooo and that boardwalk view from above. We've always seen the Boardwalk from across the lagoon, and that is beautiful as well. I also think that the BW (from checking it out during Christmas time) just seemed to have a different atmosphere. While the BC kind of screamed Grandmother's Cape Cod cottage with children moving about and the pastel colors, the YC seemed more like the Cornell Club of Manhattan. Very stately. BW on the other hand was more loose than the YC, but still not too loose that it was like the BC. So maybe a little bit in between?

Is "romantic" one of the criteria for your Star Wars weekend? I'm just asking because most of the reposnses have answered as to which resort would be the most romantic choice.

For my husband and I, who have no kids and make somwhat regular Disney trips, we're often more interested in convenience. We've stayed at BW and visted BC and YC earlier this month. I would think that the walk from BW to DHS would be the shortest. So that would be our choice. Most convenient (plus BW entertainment is easily reached at night).

We are YC people. Love the place! My 2d choice would be the BW, as its so unique. Because the BC is sooo similar to the YC, I really don't consider it, as for the same layout, etc. I prefer the more refined feel of the YC.

resort to DHS. We have stayed there and it was a lovely quiet place. Plus, they were refurbishing the place while we were there in Oct. And if only staying for a couple of days...Broadwalk has great selections of places to eat at.

i'm taking my bf on a split stay in may for his 30th (we have some lucky men don't we?)

we're doing 5 days at yacht club and 2 days at animal kingdom lodge

my vote is the yacht club!!

i'm nervous of the noise at bwi.

Consider AKL...it's beautiful.

We just stayed there a few weeks ago for the first time, and loved it!! This time we want to stay closer to the Studios so we can get to Star Wars weekends without dealing with the bus system. I'd definitely go back though.

i'm taking my bf on a split stay in may for his 30th (we have some lucky men don't we?)

Yeah we do!! :)

Thanks for the opinions everyone! I was leaning towards the Beach Club before, but now I'm debating between BWI and YC. Now to wait on the AP discount...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter