Which resort to stay at???

I~heart~Mickey

Mouseketeer
My dh & I are planning a Disney World vacation and will be trading our time share in Mexico to stay at one of these 4 resorts ~ I have only stayed at Beach Club....... which is your favorite?

Boardwalk ~ Beach Club ~ Old Key West ~ Saratoga Springs

Any info could help out!! Thank you!!

I've stayed at OKW and loved it. But if you could go with BWI or YCB you can have 2 parks, Epcot and MGM, within walking distance.

with OKW and SSR you have a good chance of getting a 1-bedroom.

with BWV and BCV - you might have to settle for a studio.

don't expect any 2-bedrooms. Although occasionally they do come up.

...because I own at OKW.

Of all the DVC resorts, OKW has the largest villas, largest balconies, etc.

The washer and dryer in 1 BR and larger villas is full sized, not stackable like the other resorts. There are 4 chairs for the dining table and 4 chairs for the balcony table (again, 1 BR and larger villas).

Unlike the hotel resorts, OKW is condo-style. You can park outside your villa rather than walk down (seemingly) endless hallways.

Bus transportation is dedicated, not shared like it is with some other resorts.

SSR is similar, but has much smaller villas than OKW.

I've stayed at all but BWV and I think it depends on what type of vacation you are looking for. If you want to be in the thick of things, stay at either BCV or BWV. If you are looking for a laid back escape then do OKW. If you like the idea of spending time at DTD and would like to walk there and back, stay at SSR.

Just going by resort itself, our group (all adults) much prefers OKW over the others.

I just booked BWV, becaues of the location basically. I like being able to walk to 2 parks and having 5 hotels in a circle.

It will just be my husband and I and we are in our mid 20's. This will be hubby's 1st time to Disney in about 10 years. I do like that BCV and BWV are close to Epcot.
When I stayed at Beach Club we stayed in the Villas and I think it was considered a 1 bedroom. It had a cute kitchen and nice bathroom. There were 3 adults and 2 kids. It was packed but still nice.:lovestruc

What is the studio like? Do all the rooms have balconys?

How is the pool at Boardwalk?

I think it really depends on when you plan on going? BC and BW are great during the winter because Epcot stays open the latest. We like SSR the best in general and OKW is great during really crowded times because its the quietest and most relaxed.

Have you looked into this though? A few years ago our friends wanted to trade in and Marriot told them there was a two year waitlist and when they did arrive at the top of the list, they would be told when and what was available to them. Choices could be a moot point to you.

We have to put ours in a "pool" and see if someone wants to trade a week with us. Even if we don't trade we are going to WDW. We are hoping to go in May ~ hubby is in the military and will be back in the US then.

If we couldn't get into one of the villas we could always stay at shades of green........

absolutely BWV! :thumbsup2
you can just stroll to EPCOT for dinner (ferry or walk to both EPCOT & MGM), there is quite a bit going on at the BW in the eve: arcade games (basketball, water ballon shooting, throwing lobster in pot), surrey bikes, shops, hair braiding, "street performers" (magician, sword/fire-eater, etc), restaurants (ESPN, big river, spoodles ~ which also has a pizza take-out window) jellyrolls (dueling piano bar), atlantic dance hall. you can see (& hear) parts of Illuminations from the BW, or go over to the bridge (directly past a beautiful gazebo) for a better view.
during the day, the main (clown) pool can get crowded (& noisy); we prefer the "quiet pool" to read a book, & just soak up some sun during the day :cloud9: i love getting an ice cream, or picking up a delish baked good at the bakery :thumbsup2

our 2nd choice would be SSR. getting a view of DTD would be great, but even without it's a beautiful resort with a very relaxed elegant feel. you could walk or boat across to DTD (inc PI & the marketplace :thumbsup2 )

of the other 2 (just MHO): OKW has the larger rooms, but we found it rather isolated. very pretty & relaxing.
BCV is beautiful also (with geat access to EPCOT & MGM), just very noisy with a lot of kidlets IMHO (great if you're traveling with little ones, but not our choice for "adult only" trips).

hth :)

Well I am SOL!!! there are not any rooms available for when we can travel. So I am gonna try Marriott resorts tomorrow!! I will be heart broken if I can't get to Disney this spring.........:eek:

if you want to make some meals in your own room i recomend OKW or SSR if you but if thats not big to you i would recommed choosing the one that the theming appeals to you the most

Well I am SOL!!! there are not any rooms available for when we can travel. So I am gonna try Marriott resorts tomorrow!! I will be heart broken if I can't get to Disney this spring.........:eek:

don't give up. these units are assigned when a DVC member decides to trade out. they are not done in mass like the Marriotts.

I got one for May 31 to june 6 at the BCV - so they are definitely out there.

you just have to be patience look early morning before 5 am (central time).

also because Disney only puts out what they need - it can be hard to find. so look very carefully.

May is very doable only Sept is easier.

a studio has a queen bed, and a double sleeper sofa. Some guests like this arrange better because you have the sofa as well as a bed. plus the kitchennett.

You generally will not find a DVC resort the first time you look.

also be sure to look for yourself.

www.intervalworld.com

just a suggestion...
check out the DVC boards here. there quite a few posters with non-DVC timeshares offering excellent advice on trading in to DVC (i only own DVC and, honestly am not fully confident on the trading aspects :confused3 . spiceycat is obviously much more well-versed than me :worship: ~ the DVC boards offer additional thoughts/advisements/discussion :thumbsup2 )
hth :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter