Which resort to choose?

mommy in wonderland

Earning My Ears
I will be at Disney from 6/6/10-6/10/10. It will be me, hubbie, and dd4 and dd6. We will have 3 complete days there. We are doing 2 days MK and 1 day Epcot. I'm trying to chose between Bay Lake Tower, and WL. Point wise not to big of a diffference. The convienence of being on the monorail is a plus but my dd6 was looking at pics of WL and really liked it. Now I'm confused. I was all set to book BLT but now thinking WL for the kids. What do you guys think? I'm stumped....:sad2:

Having stayed at both of these DVC resorts last month, my choice would be BLT with two small children. Having the monorail right there is a bit easier for getting to the different parks. The rooms at VWL are a bit smaller. We are a family of four and unless we stayed in a 2 bedroom at VWL, we could not manage there-at least not happily. You can still take the boat out the back of BLT and visit WL to take in the atmosphere and dining. Both are beautiful resorts, so either way you'll have a great vacation. :goodvibes

I also stayed at both resorts in August and I loved BLT. With you doing both MK and Epcot, you can get to both those parks using the monorails (or walking to MK) without having to rely on the buses.

With small children, I would think this is a big plus. VWL was nice but spread out and getting to/from things took longer, at least I thought, than at BLT.

Good luck!

IMHO - We own and have stayed at both. VWL seems more like home, while BLT feels like a high rise condo. MK is only a boat ride away from VWL and the buses are just a short walk from the Villas.

:) Bill

I will be at Disney from 6/6/10-6/10/10. It will be me, hubbie, and dd4 and dd6. We will have 3 complete days there. We are doing 2 days MK and 1 day Epcot. I'm trying to chose between Bay Lake Tower, and WL. Point wise not to big of a diffference. The convienence of being on the monorail is a plus but my dd6 was looking at pics of WL and really liked it. Now I'm confused. I was all set to book BLT but now thinking WL for the kids. What do you guys think? I'm stumped....:sad2:

With two of three days at the MK, seems like a no brainer for BLT. What size accomodation? If a studio, the BLT studios are reported to be a bit smaller, so that's a consideration. If a 1 BR or bigger, I think I'd definitely go for BLT.

I think WL is the best themed resort at WDW, so I understand the attraction. The pool is better too (although you could always just pool hop if you really wanted too.) But with three days to see the two parks, I'd go for convenience. The monorail, by the way, is not just a convenience thing for the parks -- it also gives you easy access to a larger number of restaurants than you'll have "on campus" at WL. You can pop over to Kona for breakfast. You could have the kids go to the neverland club for a night and have a nice dinner at the GF, etc. Plus, if you're thinking you might like character dining (and your kids are the perfect age for it), Chef Mickey's is right in your building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter