which resort to book

Perkins5

I'm just a little Disney obsessed!
Hi- Just starting to plan a trip in June, 2010. It is going to be me, DS will be 15, DD will be 13, DD will be 10 and DS will almost be 2. Which resort is recommended for us? I know the All Stars and Pop would accommodate us since the baby is under 3, but would the older 2 kids like the theming and would it be too cramped for all of us. And as far as the moderates, which one would seem to fit us better? I don't know why I'm having trouble deciding where to stay!:confused3 Thanks for the help!!

Hi- Just starting to plan a trip in June, 2010. It is going to be me, DS will be 15, DD will be 13, DD will be 10 and DS will almost be 2. Which resort is recommended for us? I know the All Stars and Pop would accommodate us since the baby is under 3, but would the older 2 kids like the theming and would it be too cramped for all of us. And as far as the moderates, which one would seem to fit us better? I don't know why I'm having trouble deciding where to stay!:confused3 Thanks for the help!!

Port Orleans Riverside have rooms with a trundle bed that can sleep 5, and the baby would still be able to be in a pack and play (the resort provides) All Star Movies have a family suite that sleeps 6, but that is actually more then the Riverside rooms, and then they have junior suites at CSR that could acommodate your family, but they are not cheap, so it depends on how much you want to spend.
I'm taking 3 kids in february, and we've chosen Riverside so my 4 year old can sleep on the trundle

We've been to all of the moderates-- CBR is our favorite, followed by POFQ, POR, and then CSR, which is our least favorite by far.
POR might be your best bet though because of the trundle bed rooms that sleep 5. I like POR-- the theme is nice, as are the pools. The food court is great, and so is the boat to DTD. I don't think it's a bad choice at all for your situation.
CBR is great too- The whole tropical feel of the resort is just great. The CBR rooms are the largest of all the moderates, but they don't sleep 5 (although you would be fine because one of your kids is 2) so they don't have the trundle bed. For theme and overall atmosphere, CBR is the best I think.

Good luck deciding, and have a great trip!

POR would be a good choice. I'm not sure if POFQ has the same sleeping arrangements, but I tend to prefer FQ because it is smaller and more compact = less walking, less waiting for buses, etc. The pool is very nice too, with a great dragon slide.

It really depends on how much time you plan on spending at the resort? Are you just going to sleep and shower? Then go with the value. If you plan on spending time at the resort for the pool and other offerings, then consider a moderate. We would rate the moderates in this order: 1) CSR, 2) POFQ, 3) POR and 4) CBR. Now, we've only stayed at one -- the CSR, but we base our picks 2 through 4 on the visits we've made to the resort and it's appeal to us theme wise and the food at the food courts and shops.

The CSR has queen beds which might be nice for the bigger kids and it also has sliding doors (rather than a curtain) separating the bathroom from the bedroom; the pool has a 123 foot slide; there is a kiddie pool, three quiet pools and the largest hot tub of all the moderates. There is also a fitness center/spa and a sand volleyball court and a nice playground.

We pick the POFQ next because we like the theme of the resort and the fact that you can take the boat downtown. We also like the food court.

Next, the POR--personally, we think they have the best food court of all the moderates, but the theme of the resort doesn't appeal to us.

Last, the CBR. It just holds no appeal to us theme wise (colors, etc.), don't care for the new rooms (a "touch of Nemo" or the Pirate rooms--which are more expensive).

Now, my 23-year old son was just at the CBR with a bunch of 13 and 14 year old boys that he coaches for baseball (they were there for a tournament). He said the pool was very well designed, but that the 13 and 14 year olds got bored with it and ended up going to the water parks two days instead.

I can't comment much on the values. We've only done one and we really didn't care for it and won't go back to a value--we just found them too crowded and too noisy. Like I said earlier, if you are just using the resort for sleeping/showering, the value might be just fine for you.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with whatever you pick. Have fun planning.
I'm sure you won't go wrong with any of them.

Thanks so much to everyone for your input! Gonna make a decision hopefullly in a couple of weeks- will keep you updated! Thanks Again!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter